One Greenway (Parcel 24) | 0 Kneeland Street | Chinatown

Re: Parcel 24

Do we know how this project will interact with Surface Road behind it? Will there be any pedestrian entrances on that side or will the buildings only open up to Hudson Street?

The road behind Parcel 24 is called Albany Street at that point (once you cross Kneeland). I believe, from earlier community meetings, that there will be interaction with Albany Street as well as Hudson Street (at a higher floor level on Albany, because of the grade difference).

News sent out today:

Funding Announcement for Parcel 24
Please join the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, City of Boston, New Boston Fund and the Asian Community Development Corporation as we host Governor Deval L. Patrick and Mayor Thomas M. Menino in Chinatown, to announce state and city funding for the Parcel 24 project, which will create 345 units of new housing and restore the urban fabric and vibrancy of the Hudson Street neighborhood that existed nearly half a century ago.

Monday, October 17, 2011
10 - 11 a.m.
Corner of Hudson and Kneeland Streets, Chinatown

Featured guests:
Governor Deval L. Patrick
Mayor Thomas M. Menino
To RSVP please email events@newbostonfund.com or call 617-878-7729.

Thanks, Chinatown Blogger. Do you know what the final design is?

Well pages load faster that way and you aren't forced to look at 100 pictures of the same thing over and over like some people post, so I don't mind it.

That and posting a bunch of pictures for everyone to enjoy takes time and can be a pain in the ass.

Don't punch a gift horse in the mouth. It opens a new tab, and there's the picture.

I'd rather beeline keep getting their flickr counts, than provide nothing.

^ Heh, but at the same time, who else on the internet wants to look at construction progress pictures from Boston? He stops providing links, he loses nearly all his views.

As for someone who only gets to Boston a couple of times a year I really appreciate any pics of Boston,especially ones of new construction. I dont care whether I have to click on a link or not. Thanks to all who go out of their way to post pics of Boston! Keep them coming Beeline(and everyone else who post pics).

What do you get out of flikr views? Bragging rights? It takes just as long to do what he does as to put it in the post. Plus you really have to click twice to get a decent sized picture. Boycott.

Sorry, but BeeLine's posts add more value to this forum than the one-liner complaints that makes up a large proportion of posts. BeeLine should keep posting -- many of us appreciate his stuff.

Well pages load faster that way and you aren't forced to look at 100 pictures of the same thing over and over like some people post, so I don't mind it.

This is exactly why i do it the flickr way. If your interested just click, if not pass on by.
Now off to the beach for some rays.

Thanks Beeline for posting your pics. Don't pay any attention to the negative comments by those too freakin lazy to click on a link. This forum would be nothing without pictures. Thanks again and keep posting. I for one appreciate all those who take the time to post pictures via link or otherwise.

Fucking lame
^ i know. that's why I rarely click on his links.

You guys got some nerve, eh? This guy's going around the city, taking shots of several projects and you're bitching about having to click a link which takes less than 3 seconds to load?

Plus you really have to click twice to get a decent sized picture. Boycott.

Yea so instead of loading in 3 seconds, it now can take as much as 5 seconds. The horror!

Back