One Greenway (Parcel 24) | 0 Kneeland Street | Chinatown

Re: Parcel 24

^ Thanks to everyone who enjoys the pixs and everyone else who post! off to post a few! Now get back to the topic of parcel 24!

today
030-5.jpg
029-7.jpg

I can't wait to see this landscape of Houstonian desolation disappear.

I spoke with one for the workers -- unfortunately sounds like soil testing with no immediate plans to build.

but no doubt this counts toward the mayor's "$3.4 billion in projects under construction" claim.

Backhoe is on site and dirt is being moved around. Looks more substantial than the soil tests. I'll see what I can find out.

EDIT: They are digging around to identify where pilings will go.

Last edited:

Miranda Priestly's quote, "By all means, move at glacial pace, you know how that thrills me." certainly applies to this project! I mean, this thread began in 2007!! And it was being discussed by the BRA/developers two years before that!

Re: One Greenway - Chinatown Parcel 24

The design is basic and seems to be in keeping with what's been going up recently. With the large affordable housing aspect to the project the will need to keep the design affordable as well. I'll be happy if it doesn't get Kensingtoned. Should go a long way to help knit Chinatown back together.

Not bad. not bad.

319 A Street Even-Further-Back

(which is good)

The render is clearly from the north, looking south down Surface Road. Those buildings in the background don't exist.

The project includes two buildings. I think that the only building in the background that doesn't exist is the second phase of the project.

Hideous. I hate that glass (elevator?) spine. The color is all wrong - orange? Turn it back on its side and send it back to the Florida office park it came from.

Hideous. I hate that glass (elevator?) spine. The color is all wrong - orange? Turn it back on its side and send it back to the Florida office park it came from.

Definitely not elevators, we don't waste window real-estate in Boston on elevators. It's just a glass corner, similar to 75 Ames. I'll bet the architect is actually Elkus.

I think that's probably the same terracotta used for 45 Province St

Definitely not elevators, we don't waste window real-estate in Boston on elevators. It's just a glass corner, similar to 75 Ames. I'll bet the architect is actually Elkus.

If my memory serves me correctly, it is Elkus.

Back