One Greenway (Parcel 24) | 0 Kneeland Street | Chinatown

Re: One Greenway - Chinatown Parcel 24

LM Heavy Civil has been awarded the site work. So we're close.

I drove by this the other day and it's all fenced off and Suffolk has a wrap covering the entire fencing surrounding the site.

I have a friend that lives right across from this project in one of the town houses on Hudson. I'll try to wrangle construction updates out of him.

The name still confuses me, but finally glad it's starting.

What I want to know is what the backside will look like. Will it activate that street and make it feel less like an on-ramp?

probably not much, but i recall that there is supposed to be a park/stair access between Hudson and Albany near the south station connector bridge?

probably not much, but i recall that there is supposed to be a park/stair access between Hudson and Albany near the south station connector bridge?

For planning meetings, I believe that there will be sidewalk and storefront on Albany Street, at least up to the South Station Connector. And yes, there is a park elements that climes up from Hudson to Albany at the location of the South Station Connector, roughly opposite Harvard Street.

Part of the goal is to make the South Station Connector at least pedestrian friendly through the next block over (Parcel 25), as this location is being proposed for a large school complex (Josiah Quincy Upper School -- JQUS, combined with Boston Academy for the Arts -- BAA).

What and where is this new South Station Connector bridge, and when is it being built?

Enter South Station Connector, Boston, MA on Google maps

Isn't that the existing entrance and exit for the Bus Terminal?

Isn't that the existing entrance and exit for the Bus Terminal?

Correct -- it starts at Albany Street, it is one block south of Kneeland, and runs over to the South Station Bus Terminal.

The blocks of land and air rights between Kneeland and the South Station Connector are currently up for development proposals. They are owned by the DOT.

It's impressive -- Menino and his developer friends seem bound and determined -- that before Tommy leaves his office in January -- to get a real start on most of those 30,000 residences that da Maya talked about getting built in the next 10 years --

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't know if the "bound and determination" of the investor friends of the mayor apply to this project since it's been in the works since before Data and some of the others were even born :)

Back