One Greenway (Parcel 24) | 0 Kneeland Street | Chinatown

Re: One Greenway - Chinatown Parcel 24

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't know if the "bound and determination" of the investor friends of the mayor apply to this project since it's been in the works since before Data and some of the others were even born :)

Yea but Tommy was already da Maya ;=}>

Ac9D0OCh.jpg

iK8knvNh.jpg

YqYk5tsh.jpg

Website for One Greenway is up and running.

http://www.bozzuto.com/apartments/communities/353-one-greenway

It's interesting that they are not marketing this as a high-end luxury building, certainly not to the degree that other buildings around town have. Hopefully, this will be a net positive for that block and neighborhood. Between this building and AVA Theater District, we should at least get some nice density from Hudson Street to Park Square.

Right from Bozzuto's page for One Greenway - a rendering of the building from the complimentary angle of the only other rendering that seems to be floating around. Makes it look a lot like a squat mini-Kensington with more brick panels.

SNqdwGI.jpg

I still can't figure out how they imagine that it will be so tranquil-looking around it. Light traffic, clean lines and streets. No highway or on-ramp or anything.

Whoa, that is one of the worst renders I've ever seen. The building itself is OK but everything else is laughably off.

Whoa, that is one of the worst renders I've ever seen. The building itself is OK but everything else is laughably off.

'Just find all the poorly compressed JPEGs of random buildings you can find in Boston and mash it together. It'll make the building look awesome and no one will be the wiser...'

BeeLine...Tyanks for the pics as always. Just curious if you noticed how active this site was? The core structure has been unchanged with the exposed rebar all week. It just seemed odd to me.

^^ Your correct. Given the time of day (10:30AM) and the great weather conditions the site was dead. The only real action were two earth movers pilling drit along the expressway. They seem to be doing a lot of that.

BeeLine; said:
One Greenway 2/20 (Site very busy just south of the core. Earth movers going down. Retaining wall braces in place. Much earth being moved and trucked from the site)[/url]

Beeline -- If I didn't miss something -- something called a crane seems to be missing -- perhaps they are in short supply?

Man I love this new construction method that gives us these sites where they start excavation and like a month later there's a core already worming its way up into the sky. Now that's progress!

Agree. Now if only they could start making buildings that don't look like arse ... and move away from the "right-angled box covered in pre-cast paneling" school of architecture.

I personally like this, and the similar developments going up and around the outskirts of downtown.

Was this the parcel that the original South Bay tower proposal was or was that next door somewhere?

I personally like this, and the similar developments going up and around the outskirts of downtown.

Was this the parcel that the original South Bay tower proposal was or was that next door somewhere?

Next door. The South Bay tower would have taken down that steam power factory thingy.

Back