One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion | Financial District

This crown looks alright to me. They need to get rid of that gap and it would be pretty nice. Even though this building is a turd it is uniquely Boston, but I wont shed a tear when its gone. Its centrally located and the crown seems to be pretty substantial so with this lit up in the center of the skyline it could have a pretty cool effect. The only thing is its pretty short even with this added height so it will kind of drop down to this crown which will diminish its effect a lot. Thats Boston for ya though underwhelming.

I think that the crown on the skyline would add some light to an otherwise darkened skyline.

Trying to look on the bright side!

Last edited:
Boston has a lot of things going for it. Great post WWII architecture is not one of those things.

This one is OK in my book. Not beautiful, but it wasn't beautiful to start with. The illumination is certainly welcome.

I feel better about this one now, though I will miss the cantilevers.

I guess a slight yawn, but overall, it's an improvement. Especially the nighttime crown illumination of which Boston desperately needs more of.

This is a pretty cool project. Not everyday that we see an addition & renovation for a skyscraper.

Gonna get overshadowed by 115 Federal, but this is out today as well:

http://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/fa87ea27-4045-42ad-b563-a042ca3a9fe1

5LR0S9Mh.png

rKWe1Ljh.png

5KF5w4gh.png

L3gCLrah.png

dEMyW8rh.png

QbtVXQVh.png

16C35Rlh.png

FrMbAYOh.png

k9u1xIeh.jpg

ppQYC81h.jpg

CbFXOQFh.jpg

2al9RHmh.png

h4pddQ6h.png

s0CueLth.png

Y7A9hjCh.png

eFfbGT2h.png

8JvWNckh.png

bBdG5eUh.png

7mhlzeHh.png

Mqxw4OBh.jpg

1rvBiksh.png

JKuGMqBh.png

d40eBd1h.png

RiCtPIyh.png

GM3HxDFh.png

DCpd2gKh.png

WhhGfrOh.png

We now live in a world where 1 post office square is going to look 100x better than 115 fed.

An improvement in square footage and energy efficiency to be sure and it's vaguely Midtownish, sort of. But why use Gensler? This is exactly the non-effort CBT or Elkus could have phoned in. Disappointing.

And the lantern is odd. It doesn't integrate with the top, it just looks like something foreign dropped onto the roof.

Idk I like this a lot. Especially compared to what is there. I think the crown looks cool.

The street level looks very good as well especially vs whats there. If you look at the before and after pic of the car park section of the building vs the garage its a huge upgrade in street level interaction. Its like were getting a brand new building without having to deconstruct whats there. The whole ground floor makes a conscious effort to interact with the street in ways that were not there before. Thats a win.

Is this going to be a public obs deck, or only for tenants? It says tenant feature but not sure if they specifically mean the deck is only for tenants or is a feature tenants can use as well. Id guess tenants only but hopefully not.

Mqxw4OBh.jpg

Also this crown is going to play pretty nice with the lit crown at the Govt Center Office tower. Cant wait. The more lighting the better.

JKuGMqBh.png

One more thing is this the only automated car park in Boston?

Last edited:
Is this going to be a public obs deck, or only for tenants? It says tenant feature but not sure if they specifically mean the deck is only for tenants or is a feature tenants can use as well. Id guess tenants only but hopefully not.

It is identified as a tenant amenity.

Back