One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion | Financial District

Thankfully this appears to be high quality glass.

Very much so. And that deep red highlight / accent at the corner of the building looks very appealing, at least so far anyway. Nice job by @BeeLine as always.

1595961904482.png

The new massing looks better without the awkward attempt to squeeze more corner offices onto the floor plan.

I love this recladding, and it reminds me of the the Leadenhall Building in London, done with Yellow instead of Red.

London.jpg

it's still curious to me why, if they're going to bother with the red accents -- i'm glad they did, by the way -- they'd be so... stingy with them. they're a nice visual "pop" where they exist, but they're hardly there, in total.

Does this thing have any tenants ?
According to JLL's marketing materials this building is about 75% uncommitted with 775k sf of available space. So yeah, they have some tenants, but they are still looking to fill the vast majority of the space..

A whole lot of office space is going to open up in the next two-or-so years and in all likelihood be greeted by not great demand, but remember that surplus space is bad for landlords but good for just about everybody else.

According to JLL's marketing materials this building is about 75% uncommitted with 775k sf of available space. So yeah, they have some tenants, but they are still looking to fill the vast majority of the space..

A whole lot of office space is going to open up in the next two-or-so years and in all likelihood be greeted by not great demand, but remember that surplus space is bad for landlords but good for just about everybody else.

Conversion would make for some nice apartment living for the retiring empty nest boomers - hell, there's even a lovely non-playground park across the street ;)

True...but amazon says we’re going back to work in the office.

Back