One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion | Financial District

Could just be the construction method minimize exposure to the elements on occupied floors. I can't imagine a world where you could market all of these new amenities, glass galore, and still be in a 40th floor office looking not just through 80's pre-cast (relatively) tiny window, but then a panel of glass on top of it.

It's going to be a real pain if the clips holding the original facade ever fail.

Are they somehow going to cut wider window openings on the floors where they overlay the new facade?

Installing windows from the bottom…and the top.
CE553139-4C5D-4A10-BBD6-0EA61D673FB3.jpeg
024E677B-CEE1-4DC8-9996-34D5FCA5541C.jpeg

It seems as though the top half glass is going to stick out further than the bottom half glass. How are they going to align the 2 halves? Also I thought the redesign was eliminating those overhangs on the corners? I'm confused by this but I definitely like the red accents.

Its just an optical illusion if youre seeing that, the glass is going to be aligned. As far as the corners, theyre going to have to install new steel into the corners before the facade is installed, it just hasnt been installed yet above where the facade is now.

Also heres a new skyline render
web5.jpg

Last edited:
It seems as though the top half glass is going to stick out further than the bottom half glass. How are they going to align the 2 halves? Also I thought the redesign was eliminating those overhangs on the corners? I'm confused by this but I definitely like the red accents.

I was wondering this myself back when I was trying to figure out the interior/window sill design. It looks like on Level 25 and 26 there's a small setback, and then the building juts back out on Level 27, but just a little bit more.

You can see it here, from the PNF:

1624507382417.png

Zoomed in:

1624507322690.png

I'd say it's clear enough that the two levels are different widths, and it was a clever move to compensate for it.

What's confusing, still, though, is that the PNF wrote out that the cladding over the existing facade would start at Floor 31.

The precast panels will remain from Level 31 to Level 38, to limit the impact on the existing tenants. Apply curtainwall over the panels as an overclad system.

I have three suspicions:
  • The drawings I have here are following a different numbering system than what the writing is referring to;
  • Levels 27-30's new curtain wall will be slightly thicker to merge the overclad system (31+) and the new glass curtainwall (<31) system together seamlessly;
  • I'm wrong on all counts.

That only accounts for the sides that have the gap in the facade though, it doesnt continue all the way around the tower. On the left side the facade continues normally all the way up.

One-Post-Office-Square-Vertical-e1569875426867-670x1024.jpg

And on the right side as well
one-post-office-square_508x508_1564011592_508x508.jpg

They seem to have conflicting designs out, then. We'll see when we get there... The north and south elevations include a similar detail where the 27th floor juts a few inches out over a different looking material on 25 26, which is flush with Levels 24 and below. Either way, I don't think it will be noticeable unless you know about it..

Back