Patriot Place | Foxboro

Re: Patriots Place

Thanks for the photos. I went into Bass Pro Shops about a week ago (reluctantly, of course) and while it had a lot more Disney flare than I had expected (large fishtanks, elaborate displays, props, a restaurant/bar, a snack bar, outdoor casting areas, etc), it was still a white trash heaven. I'm really hoping Patriots place ends up being more than just a large strip-mall area.

If they could in any way emulate the atmosphere and restaurants/bars that they did at the Westgate Center at University of Phoenix Stadium in AZ, that would be great. I was there for the SB and they had something similar in that they built around the stadium. It was great, there were tons of bars, restaurants and other stuff like that. It was a great time; it looked almost like Bourbon St. in New Orleans.

PhoenixStadiumMargaritaville.gif

Obviously catered more towards New England weather.

Margaritaville Glendale! I know it's tacky and it's a chain, but I love Margaritavilles...

Considering New Englanders eat more ice cream than the rest of the country combined annually, they should really have either a Ben & Jerry's, Coldstones, or Brigham's, mega-shop.

Margaritaville wouldn't fit in here (though, I enjoy the chain too). One of my biggest pet peeves is tropical themed bars in cold climates... SOOOO tacky. Just something about sipping fruity drinks while it's snowing outside seems tacky to me. I also think having one here would take away from the novelty of visiting one in Glendale or Orlando, etc.

An ice cream mega-shop would be nice. Especially Ben and Jerry's (as it's probably the most famous Ice Cream export from New England). I don't care what the temperature is here in november-march, 200+ pound liquored up Pats fans won't say "no" to a bucket of Phish Food or Carmal Sutra.

Unfortunately, there's nothing special about this project so far. It's a subarban strip mall.

Unfortunately, there's nothing special about this project so far. It's a subarban strip mall.

I disagree. The project contains a live music venue that seats 500 for sit down concerts or 1,000 for a general admission concert without seats. Live music venues of this size are a dying breed in the Boston area. Really, how many live music venues do we have in the Greater Boston area this size? Are there any I am missing besides for the Paradise? If nothing else, this project will bring a much needed concert venue to the area. Also, it might make for a nice weekend to catch a good concert on Saturday night, stay at the hotel on the premises that night and then attend a Pats game the following morning/afternoon. Nice little weekend right there if you ask me.

Now if they can only get the t to go there all the time.

Is this open air this music venue you speak of? Because there's the small scale, (South Shore Music Circus and Cape Cod Melody Tent) and there's the large, Greatwoods er, Tweeter. Ah, I mean Comcast Center. Indoor venue this size would be nice, best way to catch a show

I disagree. The project contains a live music venue that seats 500 for sit down concerts or 1,000 for a general admission concert without seats. Live music venues of this size are a dying breed in the Boston area. Really, how many live music venues do we have in the Greater Boston area this size? Are there any I am missing besides for the Paradise? If nothing else, this project will bring a much needed concert venue to the area. Also, it might make for a nice weekend to catch a good concert on Saturday night, stay at the hotel on the premises that night and then attend a Pats game the following morning/afternoon. Nice little weekend right there if you ask me.

It seems I spoke to soon. I didn't know that. Has it been completed yet or is it still part of the proposal?

Is this open air this music venue you speak of? Because there's the small scale, (South Shore Music Circus and Cape Cod Melody Tent) and there's the large, Greatwoods er, Tweeter. Ah, I mean Comcast Center. Indoor venue this size would be nice, best way to catch a show

No, it is an indoor venue called "Showcase Live!" from the folks at Showcase Cinemas who will also have a separate movie theater on the premises. I believe they are going to be opening up a few of them across the country and this is their first Here is the link:

www.showcaselive.com

There are already several concerts scheduled (nothing all that special yet in my opinion) and I believe it opens in August. Again, I think this fills a HUGE void in the Boston area live music scene as I can't think of any other venues that operate in the 500-1,000 capacity except for the Paradise (perhaps the Roxy but that is a nightclub first and foremost and I believe the new House of Blues will be over 1,000 capacity).

Is Foxboro really in 'the Boston area'? It's closer to RI isn't it?

Is Foxboro really in 'the Boston area'? It's closer to RI isn't it?

some people even say that even Providence is part of the Greater Boston area. I definitely think that Foxboro is part of Greater Boston. A large number of the people that live in Massachusetts live 30-40 minutes or less from Foxboro.

Foxboro's location is prime because it's almost as close to Boston as it is to Providence and furthermore, it sits right at the junction of 495 and 95. It's easy driving distance from both cities. The problem for those urban residents that don't have cars or do much driving is that the commuter rail only stops at Patriots Place during Pat's game days.

What a bummer, all 10,000 people who live in Boston and don't drive cannot go to Patriot Place... and 10,000 is being generous, everyone drives except maybe Ron.

^^That number is only going to increase as the price of gas does as well.

I wonder what the impact will be on developments like this but the price of parking in the city has not slowed down the escalating number of cars registered in Boston so gas prices will stop few people from visiting the Bass Pro Shop. We'll just see more people driving smaller cars.

I don't live in Boston, I live in Somerville. If you add in the folks in Cambridge, Somerville, and Brookline (and even a few in Quincy, Newton, and Arlington) I bet the number goes way over 10,000. Add in Providence too, while you're at it.

The concert promoters should look into running a bus shuttle from whatever regular commuter rail station is nearest.

From small to large

Harpers Ferry
Paradise Lounge
Paradise Club
Roxy ~ (They are limited in capacity by a city decree or something)
Club Lido
Middle East Upstairs
Middle east Downstairs
Palladium (Worcester)
Avalon / House of Blue (reopening in a few months)
The Orpheum
BOA Pavilion
Agganis Arena
The arena in Providence
DCU Center
The Garden
Tweeter Center
That other outdoor place in Lowell.
Fenway
Gillette Stadium

Did I miss any?

Palladium being my favorite venue.

I cant see concerts at Gillette being successful for most acts except those skewing towards the older crowds. College kids in Boston have no way to get there. The Palladium has access to weekend trains which leave Worcester at 12:30am

What a bummer, all 10,000 people who live in Boston and don't drive cannot go to Patriot Place... and 10,000 is being generous, everyone drives except maybe Ron.

Youve got over 50,000 college and high school kids without cars that reply on trains to get to concerts.

Back