Petty Arguments Cut From Serious Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Aquarium Parking Garage Redevelopment | Waterfront | Downtown

IAM thinkin WEeD a GOOD thin. IF. LEGALS and TAXI it. youse $$$to PA Y for PARKES. And weeds garden. SO

Only a MORON would resurrent a thread with nothing to add, and then get defensive when called out about it. Next time, if you're going to be a contrarian, try posting something that isn't worthless for the rest of us.

Maybe next time you'll think twice before pissing everybody off. Somehow I doubt it. I'm glad we had this discussion, aren't you?

If this doesn't entice people to want to join archboston I don't know what will.

Someone resurrects a dormant thread with nothing to contribute and boom a cluster fuck happens. What did we learn today boys and girls? At least he didn't ask if there were any new news.

LErndWEeD is PiSSA

Re: Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I love that this stretches the skyscraper skyline further southwest. For years/decades, it seemed as if skyscrapers would never go beyond the Pru. That was the bookend. As far west/southwest as possible.

Now, we will have a skyscraper right up against Mass Ave. This is completely game-changing. Just a couple years ago, it would seem ridiculous for a skyscraper to sprout in the Fenway neighborhood. For example, if a 500 footer was now proposed for the parking lot on St. Botolph across from Matthew's Arena, it wouldn't be immediately dismissed. That's the transformative effect of this building.

I think this is the transformative effect of having Marty Walsh as mayor and not Developer Mob Boss Menino.

To be fair, these projects were in motion/approval process during Menino's final couple years. Marty is surely more pro-development though.

But the mob boss moniker could apply to M.Walsh too. After all, Walsh has a career as union representative/mob boss.

Seriously? If being in a trade union or being a rep is the criteria for being a "mob boss" then apparently the United States is overrun with millions of mob bosses. Marty Walsh and Tom Menino have/ were never convicted of anything that would indicate they were "mob bosses." Accusing people without evidence is never a good thing.

If members of the Republican party also happen to be members or Grand Wizards of the Ku Klux Klan (which they often are, and that's a fact) does that mean that every Republican is a Klan member or worse a Grand Wizard? Am I naive to think that this country is not, in fact, overrun with mob bosses and Klan members?

Last edited:

Seriously? If being in a trade union or being a rep is the criteria for being a "mob boss" then apparently the United States is overrun with millions of mob bosses. Marty Walsh and Tom Menino have/ where never convicted of anything that would indicate they were "mob bosses." Accusing people without evidence is never a good thing.

If members of the Republican party also happen to be members or Grand Wizards of the Ku Klux Klan (which they often are, and that's a fact) does that mean that every Republican is a Klan member or worse a Grand Wizard? Am I naive to think that this country is not, in fact, overrun with mob bosses and Klan members?

... um, he was referring to Menino as being a "mob boss" in his dealings with developers, which is a comparison that bears some water. I didn't see a reference to unions in there...

um... both Menino AND Walsh were mentioned in the post before mine and I quote: "After all, Walsh has a career as union representative/mob boss."

Just sayin...

If members of the Republican party also happen to be members or Grand Wizards of the Ku Klux Klan (which they often are, and that's a fact)

I'm going to challenge you to back that statement up with facts, a quick check indicates that there are between 5,000 and 8,000 KKK members, which doesn't even come close to "often", so it is not a "fact". One of the reasons I like this site (other than the obvious) is that it is very largely apolitical and I'd like it to stay that way.

I'm going to challenge you to back that statement up with facts, a quick check indicates that there are between 5,000 and 8,000 KKK members, which doesn't even come close to "often", so it is not a "fact". One of the reasons I like this site (other than the obvious) is that it is very largely apolitical and I'd like it to stay that way.

He probably meant to argue the converse, which is that almost all KKK members are Republicans. I'd be willing to believe that but have no facts to back it up.

Re: Rose Kennedy Greenway

Statler closed the aquarium parking garage redevelopment thread because of our endless bitching, but let's just bitch on here. Yes I agree that the parking garage should be replaced but that's already been discussed endlessly over the past 6 months.

The problem is the Harbor Garage is a key ingredient to the success of the Greenway for overall PUBLIC.

And I don't like how the corrupt Commonwealth/BRA and our Ex-Mayor have handled this development. It seems we have a bunch of Hypocrites running the development process which picks & chooses our developments which affect every aspect of a development in the city of Boston which also affects the PUBLIC on the architecture, traffic, taxpayers money being diverted to certain groups but not others.

Not sure why would you ever make that choice to shutdown a thread concerning a key development location that generates so much discussion for the board.

I hope this developer sticks it to them. I would sign 99 year leases for the garage at this point and fuck the city & the state.

Bottom line the GREENWAY is running on the taxpayers dime and is running out of state funds.
The Greenway conversancy was a scam right from the start. Did not build one fucking thing.

there is Downtown Waterfront Planning meeting tomorrow at 6:00 pm, Piemonte Room, 5th Floor... if nothing more; when the moment presents, we can show support for the Harbor Garage project. i've become convinced that neither the city nor the state is serious about ANY FEASIBLE Harbor Garage redevelopment plan that will ever be offered by the Chiofaro Co/Pru ever becoming a reality.

this is this. local and state government often doing the least amount of work possible for the public good and cowering to bullies in the face of controversy.

+1,000,000

Stellarfun still can't answer my question:
If Chap 91 existed in the first place 100 years ago: How did Harbor Garage get built in the first place?
--And why should Chiofaro/Pru be allowed to build whatever they want on this site?---- because they are fixing the mistake the Commonwealth/BRA ignored Chap 91 in the first place. The Commonwealth/BRA allowed a concrete barrier to be built on the waterfront.

Make a better Greenway for the Public. I want to see something built before I -------RIP.

Whoever did the render apparently thinks everyone in Boston is white

Nothing too exciting but theres a rendering up on the project site of the new bus terminal that I havent seen before.
20180718_Bus+Station+Expansion+Rendering.jpg

I looked hard at this one, full screen, and then zoomed in some more. There's definitely some non-white people in there.
-The surest ones are the 2 males sitting on the bench to the far right, both clearly Asian.
-There's a definite dark-skinned woman just left of center, left of the larger pink sign and between the couple holding hands, white shirt, dark bag over her shoulder.
-Possible dark-skinned woman directly left of the blue sign in the middle left, with the grey shirt.
-Middle eastern looking guy lower left of the left/center pink sign, navy shirt, khakis, looking at his hand.
-Woman on bench in lower left appears Asian, and woman above her with baby carriage also might be (unknown without seeing any facial features).

Some further stretches are the 2 guys walking left to their buses, through the windows to the right of center, both with gray shirts, look dark enough to be hispanic or pacific islander. Also the woman towards the left directly above the girl with the red jacket, possibly holding hands with the man in the black suit, looks like she might be mixed race, with a skin tone similar to say Rashida Jones. There are also a few other unknowns in the background where the people are facing away, such as the man in the business suit to the left next to the woman with the baby carriage, or the man in the business suit in the middle/right, behind the man strolling with the suit and briefcase, and seemingly fixated on that blue poster of the man running. The latter strikes me as a strong candidate for an older Asian businessman.

So on review, it's majority white, but definitely not all, with a few unknown candidates who could really swing the percentages to something you might deem acceptable.

So on review, it's majority white, but definitely not all, with a few unknown candidates who could really swing the percentages to something you might deem acceptable.

You think that render is acceptable?

There's definitely some non-white people in there.
and woman above her with baby carriage also might be (unknown without seeing any facial features).

Are you an olympian? This is an incredible reach, by far the best Ive seen this year

You think that render is acceptable?

I don't find it unacceptable to the extent that I would feel a need to take potshots at the developer.

Are you an olympian? This is an incredible reach, by far the best Ive seen this year

Hence why it was in a lower section that started with "Some further stretches are..." However, the one you quoted about the lady with the baby carriage is less of a reach, as they gave her the exact same hair color/style and same body type as the clearly Asian lady sitting nearby. For all I know they're sisters, the one on the bench is tired of listening to the screaming baby, and the one standing up is staring at her feet in embarrassment of the ruckus her kid is causing.

I don't find it unacceptable to the extent that I would feel a need to take potshots at the developer.

Hence why it was in a lower section that started with "Some further stretches are..." However, the one you quoted about the lady with the baby carriage is less of a reach, as they gave her the exact same hair color/style and same body type as the clearly Asian lady sitting nearby. For all I know they're sisters, the one on the bench is tired of listening to the screaming baby, and the one standing up is staring at her feet in embarrassment of the ruckus her kid is causing.
It's very clear the lens some people look through in their lives. I guess it's just upbringing, experiences, possibly general disinterest in those around them. This is a major transportation center and for SURE the people using this station over the next few years will look far more diverse than this depiction.

I can’t speak for the new renders, but for the old ones the simple reason why the people were chosen is that’s what was available online via archdaily searches. The entourage library back in ‘12-15 was very diverse but everyone was wearing late 90s clothes.

It's possible, but I wouldn't put money on it based on that one render. Bertaux+Iwerks only worked on the the bus station, not the platforms and tower (Pelli Clarke) though you would suspect they'd share models if they're on this level of collaboration.
I'm going to assume that this guy works for B+I ...

1643256013974.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back