Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! I like to see a clear skyline pix from that angle! You must have one?^

zoomed all the way out, from that perspective (and taken over the security camera)

DSC_5765copy.jpg

Not the best pictures (dirty windows), but not a view Ive seen posted here before.

From the BU Photonics building

IMG_6443.jpg

IMG_6444.jpg

IMG_6445.jpg

IMG_6446.jpg

Blinding!
IMG_6447.jpg

No really, it was like the sun

IMG_6448.jpg

IMG_6449.jpg

IMG_6450.jpg

I just found out that we can see the Pru from one room in my house, and what a view it is ;)

img0730nn8.jpg

I grew up in South Natick and if you climbed the biggest oak tree in the backyard, up on the top of the hill, you could see the crown of the Pru and the black-bar top of the Hancock. When I was 6 years old I thought this was the most magical and amazing thing - I made my brother climb the tree to see it, and his reaction was "so what?". I guess I've just always been drawn to buildings.

^
LOL
Reminds me of my childhood. I grew up in Omaha, NE about 6 blocks away from three 1,000 ft. plus TV towers which towered over the neighborhood. I spent way too much time staring at their guy wires and blinking red lights through binoculars. I thought the towers were so cool. The other kids in the neighborhood couldn't have cared less.

I kind of have the same view from my cupular on top of my house in Dorchester(the other side though!)

Sadly, you wouldn't know you're in a city from that picture. I really hope Samuels offers Shaws lease space across from 1330, or in the planned triangular building at the intersection, to redevelope that supermarket and lower lot. It would be nice if the gas station could be redeveloped under a building here as well. Although, at this point it's getting harder to buy gas near Fenway Park with all the closures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back