Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1322.jpg

Now that's a town! (seaside?) I could stare at that all day rather than some city's skyline full of 'scrapers.

Impulse is to say NoShore, but where...? (Lynn, Nahant...?)

Closer to Boston than you think. Its actually Winthrop. I took it from a place called Coughlin Park, just across from logan airport. On one side you see the town of Winthrop and on the other you see this.

IMG_9938.jpg

IMG_9947.jpg

IMG_9984.JPG

The rest of these are posted in the skyline thread.

Unfortunately I got there late that day and I was losing the sun fast. I plan to go back early in the morning one day if I can force myself to get up. Its definitely worth a trip. Here is the map if anyone is interested in going

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Bay+View+Ave,+Winthrop,+MA

Funny, I was wondering if it was Winthrop, but I don't recall it being that hilly. Plus I thought it too obvious....thinking too much...

Seaside towns on grey-ish days are soooo New England...to me anyway.

Liking all the new perspectives on the city...and surrounding areas.
Don't forget there's more to Boston than Central City--Downtown/Back Bay/South End, etc--the usual subjects.

(BTW--the Winthrop pic is now showing a small red X in a full frame and is not clickable to open.)

Do the above pics wrk for everyone else, I am having difficulty seeing Bowesst's pix.

no i still cannot see them; im not sure why. they come up as red x's. but if they are working for everyone else than it must just be my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back