Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
where's the Hotel Cambridge? I thought I knew all the hotel names in Cambridge but not this one.

There was a brush fire yesterday along the Mystic River in Medford -- perhaps that's what you saw.

It's in Boston on the corner of Mass. Ave and Beacon St.

today
318.jpg
spring!

Love it. (and miss it)

Didn't you get yelled at for trying to take a similar picture before?

Love it. (and miss it)

Didn't you get yelled at for trying to take a similar picture before?

ha ha ha yep. But as I was leaving the building two new security guards were working.

And so I took a shot and it worked out well : )

I think . . . but yeah when that other guy works I don't take pics.

: o )

I'm not going to lie but the Boston skyline looks really really old. Or a better term, outdated.

oh good the stupid comment was removed.

Another from that day... no need to go on a whale watch, when you have One Marina Park.

834134343_3XMq5-L.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not going to lie but the Boston skyline looks really really old. Or a better term, outdated.
My sentiments exactly. The skyline feels a little more outdated every year. Its in dire need of something bold and modern.

^That's what I'm talking about............if only.

You guys are giving London way too much credit; one of their tallest buildings looks like a giant pickle and the Millennium Dome is a joke.

Actually the Swiss Re is one of the greatest accomplishment in architecture feat. I did a report on it. The Swiss Re was designed with the community in mind. The sleek design allows light to filter all the way down to the plaza at the base meaning it casts a smaller shadow. It also encounter less wind resistance because the wind would just be deflected along its curved sides. This means no wind tunnel. The stripes on the building are light wells that allow the building to be warmed up more efficiently and effectively eliminates the need for a heating system (they still have one though they barely use it). It's very environmentally efficient.

On the side note, why did they leave out The Shard?

shard_-_morning_view_298A.jpg

Actually the Swiss Re is one of the greatest accomplishment in architecture feat. I did a report on it. The Swiss Re was designed with the community in mind. The sleek design allows light to filter all the way down to the plaza at the base meaning it casts a smaller shadow. It also encounter less wind resistance because the wind would just be deflected along its curved sides. This means no wind tunnel. The stripes on the building are light wells that allow the building to be warmed up more efficiently and effectively eliminates the need for a heating system (they still have one though they barely use it). It's very environmentally efficient.

Wow, that's incredible!! Too bad it looks like a pickle.

You guys are giving London way too much credit; one of their tallest buildings looks like a giant pickle and the Millennium Dome is a joke.

You're missing the point (or you're just arguing for sake of doing so). The world has moved beyond the dumb box skyscraper, yet Boston seems to be in regression. Everything new is short, fat, and generally remains uninspired dumb boxes. Everything proposed that is even slightly 'different' gets killed by Hizzonah and/or public cries of historical heresy to our ye olde city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back