Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Golden hour!

kennedy said:
The HDR of the next five years? I think so.

It's been around just as long as HDR, though hopefully it'll outlast it.

Sunset along the Boston Harbor Waterfront

4646930377_94bec4bae0_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/4646930377/

OMG. Where is that green bridge thing?

I thought everyone on this board was against skybridges?

^^Looks so outdated. If your camera was a little fuzzier, it will look like the shot was from the 1980s.

a sailboat in Fort Point Channel ? and everyone's favorite building in the background. HEE HEE HEE

4689550799_0d784649c5_b.jpg

Looks like some kewl architecture an 11-year-old scribbled onto the back cover of his English book. Elkus Manfredi is never going to live this one down in my book.

Never!

yeah the sky was very grey and I was sort of in a hurry so hurried shots = blurry.
but ur right it sort of does look like a 1980's shot : )

How the hell did the sailboat get in there? Did he take down the mast once he was in line for the North Ave Bridge and then put it up once he was past it?

GMACK, do you use a gradient filter or overlay different exposures? I'm having a bitch of a time trying to take effective HDR shots. They all come out looks so crappy. I feel like I'm not getting the right ranges.

Anyway, fantastic shot!

sorry I missed this. I have not tried HDR yet. But I hope to do so in the future when I have more cash for HDR software.

Thanks again for the comments : )

How the hell did the sailboat get in there? Did he take down the mast once he was in line for the North Ave Bridge and then put it up once he was past it?

no clue. They have / had 3 boats in there from Piers Park Sailing Center in East Boston.

So I donno if its a pilot program or what. But it was cool to see them there : )

I will check to see if they are still there today. Good to see something different in the channel.

My dad has an old Boston book from the 1980's and that pier had hundreds of sailboats there. Wonder what happened. . . .

The Northern Avenue Bridge still swivels upon request. The Congress and Summer Street bridges are however no longer functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back