Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy bejesus, I'd like to see that. I didn't even know it was a swivel bridge.

Where is it controlled from?

Rent a sailboat and push the swivel request button by the hut. A man inside the hut will then swivel the bridge for you.

I've seen the Northern Ave bridge open -- it does occasionally happen. There are blinking lights at either end that can indicate it is closed to pedestrians. (Any time I talk about drawbridges, it is totally confusing to use the words 'open' and 'closed.)

This isn't a great photo but it shows the bridge swinging open.
4694211751_1d5e97748c_b.jpg

Holy bejesus, I'd like to see that. I didn't even know it was a swivel bridge.

Where is it controlled from?

I cannot take credit for the photo. Photo was taken by permission of the Federal Govt. and it was taken on top of the Moakley courhouse : - ?

Amazing. I know. but without further Adu.

2922524940_afe565ae11_o.jpg

The Northern Avenue Bridge in Boston is a swing bridge, and takes about 4 minutes to swing 90 degrees.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skyephoto/2922524940/

I've got video of it opening...just don't know how to post a video.

Another great shot GMACK. Those lamps are only about 5 or 6 years old. I remember when the installed them.

If you could get a shot of the old-school elevator panel or the old mail drop slots, I think those are about the only authentic deco pieces in the building.

^ This is why there aren't too many ladies here. This is "classy", "critical", and" intellectual" ArchBoston not the 4Chan free for all.

thanks for the comments... glad I got someone so excitied, they subsequently grossed everyone else out. lol

The big picuture from that evening:
911202261_8ADWS-L.jpg

Yeah, that would be me... Can't be giving all the goods away. Although i thought I made it darker. :(

From a friend's facebook page:

Storm front moving in:

36976_546594164163_41200361_3229107.jpg

Oh snap! If that's from today's storm then I took almost the exact same pic.

img1718n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back