Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't 33 Arch be visible in this? It looks like I can see 45 Province going up.

A much bigger version of that image can be found on the W Residences site - http://www.100stuartstreet.com/

Chinatown -
909340664_Vkxcq-L.jpg

From the deck of the USS Whidbey Island. It's a Navy dock landing ship and it's in port for one more day.

These things are inadvertent works of art. I love them. Is there a formal name for the markings?

Those are DigSafe markings. In Massachusetts your required to call DigSafe before breaking ground in any public space (technically your supposed to do so in private space as well but that doesn't get enforced much). Then Digsafe calls the applicable utilities who come out and mark their infrastructure. That way you don't take out a water main when you're trying to put in a gas connection (or whatever).

DigSafe only seems to exist in New England. There's got to be a more universal name.

DigSafe only seems to exist in New England. There's got to be a more universal name.

Pretty sure it's the same in Missouri. Might be something like DigSmart. Not positive.

They have those same television ads, where some guy wants to put in a new mailbox but he calls it in first.

yesterday
846.jpg

This is pretty awesome. The combo of the windmill, storage tanks, and sailing ship makes it look like some 19th century vision of the future...maybe a covery for Bellamy's "Looking Backward" (1880s science fiction novel set in a far-future Boston).

thanks here's the others, I took them from Carsons beach at JFK
840.jpg
842.jpg
849.jpg

Reminds me not of Alphabet City but Co-op City in the Bronx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back