Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part V (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few I took a few months back. I used to walk from school on Boylston to work down at Quincy Market daily, and these were a few shots I snapped. Nothing fancy - using a practically broken Cybershot.

phptohuncam.jpg

phpu42tmyam.jpg

phpwmdt7vam.jpg

I really love the first one. Goes along with whoever's Vertical Boston project.

6676972133_ff93c7c483_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/6676972133/in/photostream

OK - so I am walking to my car and I see this blueish tint on one of the buildings across the Fort Point Channel. I initially thought it was the reflection off the "State Street" Building but as I got closer I saw it was some new office party or something.
I am assuming it was some sort of party for the New Hampshire Primary.
Anyhow. Long story short I think it looks just like a Fish Tank. So I will call this photograph just that. ""People Tank"" Enjoy. ~ Greg

"Vertical Boston" isn't dead. I'm just working on version 2

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

"Vertical Boston" isn't dead. I'm just working on version 2

Yay!

And love GMack's photo. "People Tank" is an ingenious title for it. The reflection of the city in the facade is equally as cool.

As long as no one is complaining, here are a few more... I have a love/hate relationship with the second one, cause I think it would look AMAZING with a little post-processing but don't have time to do that right now, so it looks kinda... off....

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

keep posting,a lot of folks enjoy the pixs we all post,they just don't feel to need to comment everytime :)

^ that first one is soooooo cool. i kinda wish the cars were cropped out so there was more of the "old vs. new" look.

^ that first one is soooooo cool. i kinda wish the cars were cropped out so there was more of the "old vs. new" look.

Still has the cars but here's a more zoomed shot in case you like this one better. Couldn't figure out which to post.

IMG_1717.jpg

These ones looked kinda cruddy blown up, but no time to hunt through my other pics right now so figure what the heck I'll post 'em while I got 'em

IMG_0621-1.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

Really been digging the illumination of the Pru these past few months. Also imagine the Copley Place tower rising up in that gap next to the Hancock!

Again, this one was just taken walking around with my Cybershot, so nothing fancy. It's from the other side of the Charles, not Boston, but fits in with the "vertical" trend happening on here. Could probably use some cropping, but I like this angle, especially on these kind of apartments that straddle a wedge-intersection.

phpjicw62pm.jpg

Again, this one was just taken walking around with my Cybershot, so nothing fancy. It's from the other side of the Charles, not Boston, but fits in with the "vertical" trend happening on here. Could probably use some cropping, but I like this angle, especially on these kind of apartments that straddle a wedge-intersection.

LOVE that building. It never fails to catch my eye as I'm heading into Central Sq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back