Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part V (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first one looks like the bat signal on fire on the Brooklyn bridge

The first one looks like a luminescent woman swimming, doing a backstroke, and the second one looks like Jesus ascending into heaven.

I can totally see the former! Not so much on the latter. I can't really see anything out of the second one.

The first one looks like the bat signal on fire on the Brooklyn bridge

Yes! Epic.

I like how we can all interpret the first pic into so many things, heh.

The Pru was Purple last night : )

8250110220_3ffba84dfe_c.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/8250110220/in/photostream

1 Minute Exposure.

Other Settings
Settings:
71 sec
ƒ/9
ISO 100
29 mm

This photo was taken yesterday in Back Bay, Boston, MA, US, using a Canon EOS 40D.

Last edited:
The Pru was Purple last night : )

This photo was taken yesterday in Back Bay, Boston, MA, US, using a Canon EOS 40D.

That's awesome. Would you be willing to share a high resolution version? I'd love to make it my desktop but I run triple monitors at 3840x1024

Glad you guys are digging it. Here's where it ended up going over the course of the next 10 minutes:

8262231726_a2098cbb5d_c.jpg

8261162325_481e2f069e_b.jpg

I will never understand how the moon/sun sometimes get distorted to look so big. I've never seen it happen. The pics always blow my mind.

The moon looks bigger closer to the horizon because our eyes and brains immediately compare it to objects in the foreground. The only time we can really do that is when the moon is lower in the sky near these objects.

If you block some of those objects out or remove them, the moon will appear smaller, as it does in the third picture kz posted.

Also, the moon is near perigee (it's closest position in its orbit relative to the Earth) right now, and still would have been fairly close on that night. Probably helped a little bit, too.

To stay on topic:

Taken on High St. (What is that building on the left? I wish it was taller.)
photo_dec_02__2_48_08_pm.jpg

Bluest sky I have ever seen.
photo_dec_06__11_54_39_am.jpg

The moon looks bigger closer to the horizon because our eyes and brains immediately compare it to objects in the foreground. The only time we can really do that is when the moon is lower in the sky near these objects.

If you block some of those objects out or remove them, the moon will appear smaller, as it does in the third picture kz posted.

Also, the moon is near perigee (it's closest position in its orbit relative to the Earth) right now, and still would have been fairly close on that night. Probably helped a little bit, too.

To stay on topic:

Taken on High St. (What is that building on the left? I wish it was taller.)
photo_dec_02__2_48_08_pm.jpg

Bluest sky I have ever seen.
photo_dec_06__11_54_39_am.jpg

100 High Street
Great Shot !

http://www.equityoffice.com/buildingdetail.asp?PortfolioID=888007

and to the right is 99 High
http://www.99high.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back