Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part VI (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's the W. I actually really like that angle.

Headed to bed, these are what I have tweaked from today:

Yeah, that's the W. I actually really like that angle.

It's a great angle, too bad it's almost never seen that way but rather as the stubby thing from the common. The picture through me for a loop cause it looked like a shiny new slender glass tower and I though to myself - "We don't have any of those in Boston!".

Was down at the Hatch Shell today in preparation of my band playing Earthfest tomorrow...

8749099424_3411e89f74_b.jpg

8747976869_f2e0debca7_b.jpg

8747976119_82cb73cb8d_b.jpg

8747970559_d4bf9171db_b.jpg

8749090756_8887367903_b.jpg

8747964809_6f17aeea32_b.jpg

Rainy day + no people = even the Bowker Overpass can look good.

8762887464_a2b82443d9_b.jpg

8761753003_2c923ebd6a_b.jpg

8761763845_845dd6e31d_b.jpg

You've been on a roll with the photos lately, kz. Thanks for sharing. I love the last one with the Hancock.

You've been on a roll with the photos lately, kz. Thanks for sharing. I love the last one with the Hancock.

kz gets around I've noticed. I like his style, it's similar to mine and I think we have the same camera (or a similar model). That means if he's taking pictures of something I don't have too ;)

I'd say the Bowker Overpass looks good in those shots mostly because it's not in the first one and covered by trees in the second.

In the third, still looks like shit.

The photography is great though.

I'd say the Bowker Overpass looks good in those shots mostly because it's not in the first one and covered by trees in the second.

Yeah I set up a bit of a strawman with my statement, but I struggled with a better name for the area although in my late night state of mind I completely forgot about Charlesgate...whoops.

Also, thank you for the kind words, guys.

kz gets around I've noticed. I like his style, it's similar to mine and I think we have the same camera (or a similar model). That means if he's taking pictures of something I don't have too ;)

Yup if I'm out and about you can be sure I'll have my camera with me--a Canon Rebel T3i--and two lenses: an 18-55mm and a 70-200mm, neither with that great of an F-number. Also, I'm loving your style...hope you keep posting here!

Yup if I'm out and about you can be sure I'll have my camera with me--a Canon Rebel T3i--and two lenses: an 18-55mm and a 70-200mm, neither with that great of an F-number. Also, I'm loving your style...hope you keep posting here!

Yea, same camera, I also have the T3i. In addition to the 18-55 I have a 50-250mm zoom and a 50mm 1.8 prime for low light. Like you I take it pretty much everywhere so I can compulsively photograph the changing cityscape. Glad I'm not the only one! I wish I found this place sooner, it's so much more interesting taking pictures when you know the story behind each area. There is a ton of useful info here!

Seriously, I would axe murder the Bowker just to improve that shot. </rant>

Seriously. The loss of the Charlesgate Park was a true urban injustice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back