Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part VI (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't give up so soon! Your early experiments may not always be to your liking (I look back on my early editing days of '05 and shake my head) but it'll only help you to figure out what's good, what's bad and what it is you want your pictures to be. I just got a powerful new program (Adobe Lightroom) and the last week's worth of posts in this thread have been me trying to find my voice within its millions of options.....for instance:

8532694067_ae052d5ba2_b.jpg

That's an "infrared" black and white option that I just tried out on the below shot, which has a bit of editing:

8533808154_0d2a6b119a_b.jpg

Then I went for an Instagram-ish filter:

8532696513_6ae0488378_b.jpg

Different strokes for different folks, and I'm not sure which path I prefer at this point. But the point is it can't hurt to try.

Hey KZ, got any more of those black and white shots? I liked that first one enough to make it my phone's wallpaper haha (thanks by the way!)

I don't, but I can easily apply that filter to any shot you'd like.......if you have any in mind throw 'em my way in a PM.

boston02124- great picks of Sand and Gravel. I always loved that place. Just sitting between rail yards and the highway ramps. Its a great piece of working industry that literally helps build the city. One of my favorite, most under-appreciated parts of the city.

Colonial (Revival)ism + Brutalism = Boston

Very cool angle with all of the building plateaus. Makes the ritz and state st. look like one building.

Very cool angle with all of the building plateaus. Makes the ritz and state st. look like one building.

Interesting observation. What strikes me about this angle is how modern and dense it looks, which is a rarity when viewing the Boston skyline - it's normally given to ugly (imo) stubbiness. Add in the diffused sunlight reflecting the glass and it's like a little piece of Vancouver. It's too bad we don't seem to have any more towers like the these the horizon anytime soon.

Closer view;

Taken with a Cell phone. Just sharing my beautiful city!

Planosphere, sorry for disections.
lHMZtiX.jpg

zDNGk34.jpg

nPC6yS7.jpg

2inElug.jpg

IXZlStA.jpg

jH114xq.jpg

zPuhNMs.jpg

pFyhGRS.jpg

c4V4K9m.jpg

mt9Vqxy.jpg

W0saLU6.jpg

muo7hV8.jpg

W2sI0WV.jpg

UZ5VMyc.jpg

zqlZgYN.jpg

C1cHj8Q.jpg

3MPwZsA.jpg

GziCEdn.jpg

8441kai.jpg

vbf8p3f.jpg

hWZqoIi.jpg

2SBdlqe.jpg

Happy home opener day! My view last night was all sorts of lit up because of Fenway Pahhk:

8632264568_65186297ab_b.jpg

And the view right now:

8631160993_07f04ed35c_b.jpg

Deep in the bowels of the Prudential Towel:

8633117288_d2eddbd902_c.jpg

Last edited:
How did you get there? Did you skip the escalators and take the fire stairs down to the garage?

That's a six year old shot from my courier days, so I don't remember too much for details but I think that day I entered through the lobby (versus the loading dock which is where deliveries are supposed to go) and I had to walk down those stairs to get to the service elevator, or something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back