Piedmont Park Square (Coconut Grove site) | 21 Piedmont Street | Bay Village

15449473537_aa37849179_b.jpg

15449869180_01b8e50876_b.jpg

I like the brick detailing on this. They could have cheated out and gone with alucobond, like everything else.

Personally, I'm enough of a history buff that I'd be a bit creeped out living right where the Cocoanut Grove once stood.

I like the brick detailing on this. They could have cheated out and gone with alucobond, like everything else.

Personally, I'm enough of a history buff that I'd be a bit creeped out living right where the Cocoanut Grove once stood.

I agree on the brickwork.

As for the creepy nature of the site, a lot of places in major, older cities have experienced quite a bit of death over the years. Most of it has been lost to history, but even the most prominent sites are still routinely used by people who don't seem to mind. (i.e: the the Triangle Shirtwaist factory is now college classrooms.)

I agree on the brickwork.

As for the creepy nature of the site, a lot of places in major, older cities have experienced quite a bit of death over the years. Most of it has been lost to history, but even the most prominent sites are still routinely used by people who don't seem to mind. (i.e: the the Triangle Shirtwaist factory is now college classrooms.)

But 500 people killed on the site?

Ooh, this came out nice. The tone of the bricks remind me of some new buildings I saw in the Fulton Market District in Chicago on my trip early last month and the way it's used to break up the facade. Very handsome building.

Back