Pier 4 Condo Building (Former Anthony's site) | Seaport

Re: Pier 4 Commercial-Condo Tower (Former Anthony's site) | Seaport

That's not exactly the body of water you want to stick your feet into.

I bet that's all kinds of liability, especially with the docks next door.

Bingo. Unless the park is Commonwealth or Boston property no sane person would move into that building and take on the liability of someone falling in and drowning and having the owner's board/building sued for negligence and/or wrongful death. Think fence around pool in the suburban context.

Yes I know lawyers ruin the world.

So anyways this looks great in my opinion.

^ A Bjarke Ingels building on the cheap.

Really? BIG only seems to come up with glitzy novelties. The best Scandinavian architecture is, in my mind, understated, modern and contextual. I'm glad that this Pier 4 building is less glitz and more substance.

BIG only seems to come up with glitzy novelties

It's the punch-card balconies and the slightly warped form that inspired my comparison. I run hot and cold with BIG. I love the 57th Street Pyramid on the West Side of Manhattan, but think the 2 World Trade proposal is rubbish.

For Scandinavian firms, I really dig a lot of Snøhetta's work. The opera house in Oslo is otherworldly.

I can't help but notice that the opera house does not fence itself off from the harbor edge but rather allows visitors to walk right down to the waters edge. I surely hope a solution can be found to prevent the stairs from being fenced at the water's edge. Wouldn't this be Harbor Walk property and not the worry of the condo association?

new render on curbed boston

pier4rendering.jpg

i notice that just to the left of the ica, there's a break in the seawall - dont think there is a break now, anyone know anything about what that might be?

Mods, could we remove the word "tower" from the title of this thread? This is anything but a tower. Maybe "building" would be more appropriate. This is essentially a tower that fell over.

Edit: ty!

Last edited:

Are both this and the office building going to be/are currently under construction simultaneously? Or just one?

Re: Pier 4 Commercial-Condo Building (Former Anthony's site) | Seaport

They were drilling around the site today. This is the first action I have seen in a couple of months.

https://flic.kr/p/BYr4WW

Nooooice! They must be preparing for GE's arrival, right? right?

They were drilling around the site today. This is the first action I have seen in a couple of months.

That's what she said.

Great updates as always Beeline.

DAAAAMN. People who bash the seaport when its mid construction are going to be feeling really dumb in a few years.

DAAAAMN. People who bash the seaport when its mid construction are going to be feeling really dumb in a few years.

Anything would have looked better than the Parking lots.

The way its evolving:
A: Kendall Square on the Waterfront
or
B: 128 Burlington Office Park on the waterfront
The point of the bashing is what it really actually could have been with the right capital infrastructure in the first place.
They had to dump so much taxpayers money to even get these box buildings off the ground to copy A or B.

Why not have real capital investments and let it evolve what it was really meant to evolve in.

No no no no no no. Please don't mention 128.

Here it comes...

IAM thinkin mAUsERmann und OBERlanDer is KORRECT here. So

Back