Pier 4 Condo Building (Former Anthony's site) | Seaport

Re: Pier 4 Commercial-Condo Building (Former Anthony's site) | Seaport

i hate this. what a dog.

I hate looking at this thread and seeing fucking popover pics posted, quoted, and expounded upon, but whatevs.

Unseen, but nothing crazy. Via blogspot. Digging through the few pages this project has and I forgot about the treasure trove that is on page 2. This thing is going to be the holy grail of the seaport. Im not going to quote it but anybody looking for some reasons why the seaport is about to be something special check out page 2 of this thread. Heres an unposted render.

Pier4Phase3.png

From Sunday.

28563447186_63f6734ae4_h.jpg

28311782540_b77ca069fa_h.jpg

28311787960_f74f9f1a81_c.jpg

27980194463_f1d51f8d7c_c.jpg

^ Are these samplers and this excavation for this project (the residential building at the end of the pier) or the office building next door? It's hard to tell these buildings apart at this stage...

Also, maybe a mod could take the "Commercial-" part out of this thread title?

So I just scrolled through the thread quickly but can't find any information about the commercial building being scrapped?

^There are two under construction buildings on Pier 4 and each has its own thread. This is the thread for the residential building at the end of the pier. The thread for the slightly taller office building next door is over here.

Gu4Ckvxh.png

So the commercial building isn't scrapped, it has its own thread.

^ Are these samplers and this excavation for this project (the residential building at the end of the pier) or the office building next door? It's hard to tell these buildings apart at this stage...

Also, maybe a mod could take the "Commercial-" part out of this thread title?

I believe that the samplers are for the residential project. The excavation is for the office building. I didn't realize that there was a separate thread for that.

Pretty sure that's the office building. It would be odd to have the mock up done so far in advance of the residential building. Also, those finishes don't look like the renders, which show curtain wall and masonry.

I believe that the samplers are for the residential project. The excavation is for the office building. I didn't realize that there was a separate thread for that.

Looks like they're building on a sand bar

I know a park is going at the end of the pier but any details on it? The rendering looks like a raised sort of pier thing? Please don't make it a tidal pool like at Fan Pier! Frankly, this would be a perfect spot for some sort of huge aquatic sculptural fountain, a cod or a lobster perhaps, spouting a stream of water into the harbor. Similar to Singapore's Merlion!

outlandish defiance of the rising sea.
Worse than the rest of the Seaport?

The seaport is certainly built with some awareness of the rising sea: all critical systems have to be X feet above street level, and parking garages have elevated sills (at least the PwC garage has a conspicuous hump). Call it casual defiance?

At some point, the Seaport will be just another neighborhood calling for the construction of a tidal barrier.

Back