Pierce Boston (née The Point )| Boylston St/Brookline Av | Fenway

I happened to speak with one of the Skanska "laborers" near the 1350 Boylston project yesterday and he mentioned that there will be a 1500 yard pour at the Pierce Boston site starting this week. It sounds like a lot, given that I don't think the full foundation is ready to pour (yet). I am not sure if that's for the full foundation or just an initial pour.

It's the area where the crane base is. You can see it in the feed.

Just glanced over at the web stream on my second monitor and noticed the core's now starting to go vertical.

9cSXkwd.jpg

Walked by tonight. The rebar is much higher in person than you can tell from the webcam. Out of the ground!

So is that hole on the left going to be an escalator up to the lobby from the parking garage across the street?

Anyone know the official height of this? One of the renderings looks like it's 337 to the highest occupy able floor. 350 seem fair including mech?

I read it to mean the 378' includes the max height of the construction cranes.

Structure Type: Building

You have to take into account that the tip of the crane should always be able to reach at least 100' above the top of a building at all times, probably higher. It looks like this one is also a pleasant surprise in the height gaining department.

Edit: Ba da boom https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=258516877&row=11

Structure Type: Building

You have to take into account that the tip of the crane should always be able to reach at least 100' above the top of a building at all times, probably higher. It looks like this one is also a pleasant surprise in the height gaining department.

Edit: Ba da boom https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=258516877&row=11

Thanks, DZH. Yes, the FAA specifies if it's a building or a temporary structure (like a crane) in the determination.

If it clears the citgo sign in that last shot this is going to be amazing.

I believe it is offset from the citgo sign from that angle so it should be very visible.

It will definitely clear the Citgo sign in that picture. Joslin Place comes pretty close to the top of it and it's a good deal shorter and a little further back.

Is this going to be a concrete building? The stacks of yellow shoring make it look that way.

Back