Pierce Boston (née The Point )| Boylston St/Brookline Av | Fenway

I wrote an email to Birch Partners regarding the webcam. (regarding both its positioning and that it's now an older, archived image) Just got a response that the camera was knocked out in a storm and they are actively working on getting it back up ASAP.

Couple cell phone pics from yesterday, 7/28. Finishing pouring the 12th story.

This is already completely changing this area. And it's not even halfway there!!!

From the first photo, it is clear that Landmark Center is no longer going to seem like a lone mass jutting out toward the Fens.

From the first photo, it is clear that Landmark Center is no longer going to seem like a lone mass jutting out toward the Fens.

Yes, noticed that the other day -- the completion of the Boylston St. build-out will have the added benefit of filling in a big hole between Landmark Center and the apartment buildings that begin on the corner of Peterborough. The Star Market/gas station parcel still needs to be developed, but even just adding the Pierce makes what once was a big hole much less evident.

Yeah they set the camera to portrait mode but their website appears to have some sort of autoscaling software that is stretching it to fit in a landscape view.

Camera has been fixed, to some extent. They stretched the main picture on the page to get the right dimensions. However, if you go full-screen it still stretches it beyond recognition.

Personally, I zoomed in on this specific site until I got the picture almost full screen (chopping off the sky for now, who needs it?). It's imperfect but close enough to what I wanted.

I just checked the Birch cam and at 8pm on a Friday night, the crane is still operating and I saw a few people milling about on the roof. They are really getting after it on this project!

Beautiful pictures Beeline! I can see the crane now from my office in DTX - will post pics once it cracks the skyline.

Back