Pierce Boston (née The Point )| Boylston St/Brookline Av | Fenway

8 fully formed floors and they are setting up the framework for 9! Pretty soon they'll need to reposition the webcam! :) (see post 462)

8 fully formed floors and they are setting up the framework for 9! Pretty soon they'll need to reposition the webcam! :) (see post 462)

It's starting to loom very large indeed! I'll have photos later; been running around all evening...

Simply incredible-- and we're not even halfway there. Hell, we're not even a quarter of the way.

Luv this photo , that river was always a disgrace, nice to see it being restored

Anyone know if this will be visible from memorial drive? I wonder this every day when I see the crane.

Anyone know if this will be visible from memorial drive? I wonder this every day when I see the crane.

I'd guess you would see it once you pass the BU Boathouse heading towards Kendall, there are a lot of trees though.

^I'd love to see a build-up of 25-35 story structures stretch from the Pierce, through the Fenway Center development (if ever), through the proposed Charlesgate tower (if ever), transitioning to the Back Bay skyline from the west.

Yes, you should be able to see the Pierce from across the river on Mem. Drive...for reference, Longwood's tallest research tower, 3 Blackfan Circle (Center for Life Sciences Boston), is visible and it's 298 ft.

If you can see the crane now from any particular vantage point, you'll be able to see the building. This will be 30 stories and, what, 370 feet? As someone (kz1000ps?) said a while back, this should anchor the whole area.

Anyone know how high the tip of the crane is right now. Hopefully less than that because its right at the point where its visible but if the building is a tad taller than the crane it would be perfect.

Anyone know how high the tip of the crane is right now. Hopefully less than that because its right at the point where its visible but if the building is a tad taller than the crane it would be perfect.

My guess it that'll be the case. The first of BeeLine's pics from yesterday seem to show the building about at about one third of the current height of the crane, and the building itself is about one third to its final height (9 floors, bottom two being 1.5 times normal size), maybe even less, since it's 30 floors plus mech. This will be exciting.

This should clearly be visible from points all over Memorial Drive. It's going to dominate the area.

Moving the webcam onto the new page. Somebody needs to tilt it upwards!

index.cfm

Went by this today couldnt take a picture but it absolutely dominates the area already much more than you can see in pictures.

Went by this today couldnt take a picture but it absolutely dominates the area already much more than you can see in pictures.

I love these mid-rise thin buildings. They remind me of the Cira buildings in Philly.

Whats the link for the webcam?

Two things:

1) If you right click on any of the directly linked webcam photos (or any photo in general) that are posted on this forum, then click "copy image address" you will get the live url

2) Since the embedded photos are linked to the webcam, they are also updated every time you refresh your page. That means that the image at the top of this page is current, as well as the webcam photos posted 6 months ago.

Looks like the webcam stopped. It's a good thing it's starting to make itself visible!

7/26 From Arlington

Back