Pierce Boston (née The Point )| Boylston St/Brookline Av | Fenway

With the final setback, a few more floors, and the mechanical crown this tower will be substantial. It already dominates but its really going to be something. I love this tower.

Crazy to think that a not so long ago this thing was the dangelos and ace ticket building. Super excited to see the glass carry skyward! Thanks for all the pics guys!!

^Thanks Bee for all of these amazing pics.

I'm gonna guess that this is topped out by the end of November.

29973439904_db963d0581_b.jpg

beeline, where is the drilling rig? At the site on Western Ave where Harvard was remediating?

This is actually visible from the McGrath overpass @ Washington Street in Somerville.

I was amazed at how much it stood out when I was coming home on the Tobin Bridge.

29973439904_db963d0581_b.jpg

beeline, where is the drilling rig? At the site on Western Ave where Harvard was remediating?

The blue geodrill rig is over by Cambridge Street west of Genzyme, but there is another one (white) that is at the 100 western Ave site.

This thing already looks better than its renders, and the renders are awesome.

Still has almost the perfect amount left to grow to really set it apart in the area. This is going to become the icon of the neighborhood. (it already is) but once its done this is going to be a landmark. I already hear people talking about it who have no interest in architecture whatsoever.

kdncQVQh.jpg

Zoom in on the right and you can see it sticking up above the horizon

Popping up over Browne St. in Brookline.
Brookline-ish -- Nice photo -- excellent serendipitous blend of the top of the concrete pour screen with the Autumnal leaves in the foreground

It makes the structure seem like an organic element -- growing out of the trees -- 2 weeks ago the color on the leaves and the height were't right. Two weeks from now the leaves wont be there or they will be brown.

Not sure why my whole post was deleted, but here it is again. Thanks for the kind words whighlander.

Popping up over Browne St. in Brookline

txGPBNH.jpg

^Perhap an image size issue. See the sticky post at the top about reducing image sizes before posting.

tops out before Christmas???

what a Christmas present!!

Back