Pierce Boston (née The Point )| Boylston St/Brookline Av | Fenway

I may prove to be wrong, but that white wainscoting (shower tiles?) looks like a pretty horrible design decision.

It's not too bad...at least it isn't the typical 3'x8' (or whatever the standard dimension) alucobond that is used on so much construction nowadays

The webcam's awesome. Did they do that on any other towers going up now (i.e 1 Dalton).

31143571960_cd8a62ce92_b.jpg

31143570780_fd4fe304fc_b.jpg

31367946442_69295222fe_b.jpg

Mid construction evaluation.

Overall Form = Nice
Scale = Good
Exterior expression = Weak
Materials = Cheap

This should have been better in the details The form is so nice but the follow though to the execution of the facade is not there. I am afraid that this is going to fall into my pile of disappointments.

cca

Exterior expression = Weak
Materials = Cheap

Have you actually seen this in person? The glass looks great. I'm not yet sold on the white vertical strips, but even those have different gradients from white to a dark grey, so I'm holding out on those until we see the final product. But the materials don't look cheap at all.

Have you actually seen this in person? The glass looks great. I'm not yet sold on the white vertical strips, but even those have different gradients from white to a dark grey, so I'm holding out on those until we see the final product. But the materials don't look cheap at all.

^Thank you for that information regarding the color variation on the vertical strips. I thought some strips looked like different colors, but I suspected it could be different light reflections at different angles in some of the pictures. Actually, I'm surprised by the decision to use the different colors. It seems it could "cheapen" the overall look, but as you say, we'll see how it all comes together.

This thing is totally great; i rate it 9.60 ...

the missing 4 tenths.... well, deducting 0.08 points per missing floor.

I'll wait to pass judgement until this thing is complete. They don't even have glass on 10 floors for god sake.

I'll wait to pass judgement until this thing is complete. They don't even have glass on 10 floors for god sake.

They're actually putting glass on 14 right now, minus the bottom 2. So.... they have it on 12.

Yes.

It does not look bad per se. The curtain wall is defiantly off the shelf and there is not enough other stuff to carry the day. Again, the massing of this thing is what is carrying the day. The massing is great. I just wish the massing and the finishing touches met somewhere. They dont.

cca

Ps. I am over-sensitive to this stuff so don't get to excited. Its still good.

This was posted in the charlesgate thread before but its a cool render so I figured id throw it over here too.

27034290831_bb1d580af1_b.jpg

I really wish this one had an angled crown at the top (a la Millennium Tower)

Back