Pierce Boston (née The Point )| Boylston St/Brookline Av | Fenway

I was in Boston for the holidays and seeing this thing in person was pretty amazing. I am still stunned by how big it is, how nice the materials are, how it can be seen from everywhere and how that used to be a lousy D'Angelo's.

I was also stunned to see all the toll booths gone on the turnpike.

I hardly even recognize Boylston anymore. It is so different from when it was just gas stations and food joints.

It looks amazing so far! A nitpick for sure but does anyone else prefer the old name of this project, The Point, to the new name? I wonder if somone on Samuels' marketing team insisted on the name change to avoid any refernces to Fast Times at Ridgemont High. :)

Topped off.

Teresa Polhemus ‏@tpolhemus 12m ago
Great to be at the topping off for the Pierce in the Fenway with @BostonPlans and @marty_walsh.

https://twitter.com/tpolhemus/status/804734945776300032

Cyr-JjhUAAAATkH.jpg:large

--

https://twitter.com/OnlyInBOS/status/804748560969465857

CysKiC0XUAE5snl.jpg

Last edited:
In Boston, the actual tops of the tallish towers don't officially exist until after the last construction workers have left, and representatives of the Wikipedia call to ask the Building Dept how tall the thing actually is. Of course, we hope this 'oddity' with local tower construction never ends.

In Boston, the actual tops of the tallish towers don't officially exist until after the last construction workers have left, and representatives of the Wikipedia call to ask the Building Dept how tall the thing actually is. Of course, we hope this 'oddity' with local tower construction never ends.

Yup, I will be calling soon to update Wikipedia, Emporis and CTBUH ;-). Right now I am tracking a pinnacle height from 367' to 378'.

Meaning there's only about 40', or 10%, left for it to climb!

Such a ridiculously stupid (and dare I say dishonest?) milestone in this city.

eh it doesn't bother me. People who attend these things, the Mayor for one, have busy schedules and its not always possible to plan these celebrations for the exact day that the last steel rises. For most developers, it's more important that the dignitaries attend. It's really not that big of a deal if the "topping off ceremony" comes a week or two before the building is technically topped off.

Yup, I will be calling soon to update Wikipedia, Emporis and CTBUH ;-). Right now I am tracking a pinnacle height from 367' to 378'.

It's 378' according to the FAA website. Official height measures from the lowest point to the highest point. So if part of it is only 367' but then another part reaches 378', it's 378'. I actually made this exact mistake with CSC but it was only by 1'. (should be 756' instead of 755')

This thing really soars over the Fenway.....

Harkens back to the days of yore.... (2013) is calling.

Boston Beat Reporter said:
The new Kensington tower is a lovely place. The building soars 27 stories over Washington Street, a block from the Common, and it boasts a rooftop pool and some killer views of the city. In many ways, the 381-unit apartment tower...

Back