Pierce Boston (née The Point )| Boylston St/Brookline Av | Fenway

Great set Beeline, as always thanks for sharing. I'm liking pic 3!

^That desolate corridor has never looked so full of life. Mostly because the visible side of Columbus is so condensed due to perspective so you cant see all the low slung shit around Amory, and partly due to having half the street - and the even more desolate far side - out of view.

Edit - surprised you didnt get some shots of the latest Jackson development and all the action down Washington. Maybe next time?

I actually found that last view somewhat disorienting. With the Pierce standing right between the CSC tower and the Colonnade Residences I was thinking this must be in the South End somewhere and couldn't figure out what the tall building in the foreground was. Had to go to Google maps to get my bearings and was surprised to see that Pierce is due west of the CSC tower, even slightly to the south. Then it was easy to tag it as 315 on A, but that was weird.

Correct. I was standing on Sumner Street (Seaport) a little west of the vent building for this shot.

I actually found that last view somewhat disorienting. With the Pierce standing right between the CSC tower and the Colonnade Residences I was thinking this must be in the South End somewhere and couldn't figure out what the tall building in the foreground was. Had to go to Google maps to get my bearings and was surprised to see that Pierce is due west of the CSC tower, even slightly to the south. Then it was easy to tag it as 315 on A, but that was weird.

Firstly, LOVED the shot BeeLine.

Secondly, to Poolio's point I also found the photo disorienting. I knew immediately the buildings I was looking at--315 on A, Collonade Residences, Pierce, CSC Tower--but with the awkward orientation of our streets and neighborhoods, it was so strange to find each of these buildings viewed in this way. I love that this city can still surprise me!

Firstly, LOVED the shot BeeLine.

Secondly, to Poolio's point I also found the photo disorienting. I knew immediately the buildings I was looking at--315 on A, Collonade Residences, Pierce, CSC Tower--but with the awkward orientation of our streets and neighborhoods, it was so strange to find each of these buildings viewed in this way. I love that this city can still surprise me!

Dshoost -- I think the expression you want is Organic Arrangement of the streets

Boston constantly surprises in that manner because no matter where you go everything changes -- the Charles meanders like the Mississippi except it does it in handful of miles. Even long straight streets like Beacon and Comm Ave realign themselves from time to time

The other term of endearment is Juxtaposition --- one of my hobbies taking pix of strange juxtapositions of buildings -- sometimes its old and new sometimes its just strange skyline bedfellows

Does anyone know how many more feet were going to get on top of that with the crown? Also what floor are we on? The mech penthouse seems to be about 2-2.5 floors worth of height on top of the last occupiable floor.

^ where do you go in waltham to see that because next time I go out there I would like to see this in person.

On another note its crazy how much a couple floors adds to the visibility. A few weeks ago this was still fairly hidden but now you can see it from damn near everywhere. Driving down the pike this now comes into full view multiple times where it hadn't before. It still has a few more floors worth of height to go too so this should really be visible when complete.

Last edited:

Back