Portside at Pier One | 29 Marginal Street (Pier 1, Pier 5) | East Boston

I know that the airport is right there, but for gods sake couldn't they have pushed for something just about 10 floors taller? Is that too much to ask?! I wonder what the actual ROI is?

Mass construction like this will be the first to filter down and become affordable.

They really chose to keep the public away-by design, besides Clippership wharf for some reason. Really kind of a missed opportunity to have an engaging street level right on the waterfront with great skyline views-some of the best in the entire city. They still do have viewing areas though at most of these, but I wonder the intent behind making these gated communities, when much of the rest of development in the city is very heavily retail oriented....and these could have been the golden ticket of them all. The reasoning has to be written down somewhere or someone has to have some inside info, because it was clearly by design and its a missed opportunity and kind of unfair to say keep out... of our own waterfront. I know at least part of it is to give the residents some privacy, but this is the city. Privacy is not a right here, not to mention basically every other complex like these going up all over the city is very welcoming. It would even serve the residents here well so they don't have to walk to maverick to get a coffee. Idk just really seems like a huge miss and everybody loses.

But hey its still under construction, its never too late to smash a couple walls out and throw a pizza joint and a foo foo coffee shop in there before its wrapped up.... It does say it will include retail and a separate building with a restaurant but looking at the pictures its definitely not going to be much, but well have to see.

It's easties harbor towers!

The people suing over the seaport waterfront space, they should sue over walling off waterfront space in eastie. It's worse there imho.

Love the balconies, large, roomy, perfect for this location and views!

It's easties harbor towers!

The people suing over the seaport waterfront space, they should sue over walling off waterfront space in eastie. It's worse there imho.

This waterfront area has been an unapproachable hazardous wasteland for decades, composed of rotting wharfs with unimaginable toxic hazards.

All of the waterfront developments in East Boston are putting in Harbor Walk sections with plenty of public access points. There are also several new parklands along the waterfront.

I don't see how you can call this walling off the waterfront. These developments are cleaning up the mess, and making the waterfront approachable for the first time in decades.

The design is bland and the color scheme is depressing. Looking at the construction I'm sure there are going to be many many issues once it opens. The apartments themselves will probably be very nice, especially those balconies overlooking the harbor. It's too late now but a design that used more brick that emulated the old 19th century warehouses would have been more appropriate. OH well, they are background buildings anyway.

Back