Potential Exelon Mystic Station Redevelopment | Everett

Still holding out hope they keep a smoke stack
Since this is right by Encore, I think we need to take our chips and walk away from the table. This stadium proposal that is taking a yuuuuuuuuge step forward. We’re talking biblical. There’s no time for smoke stack talk. Though I probably do agree with you.

Count me among those who are not terribly enamored with this project. It's an ugly stadium for a minor league team, replacing what's essentially the last vestige of Boston's industrial past. That 500' smokestack has stood out to me as a landmark for decades, really as long as I can remember. Considering we may never see another project eclipse 500' in the city for the rest of our lives, losing one of the 24 stings.

Count me among those who are not terribly enamored with this project. It's an ugly stadium for a minor league team, replacing what's essentially the last vestige of Boston's industrial past. That 500' smokestack has stood out to me as a landmark for decades, really as long as I can remember. Considering we may never see another project eclipse 500' in the city for the rest of our lives, losing one of the 24 stings.

Please clarify this.. are you against this project because because of the stadium designs (which are place holders btw.) or are you against this project because we might lose some "tall" smoke stacks in a decommissioned power plant? Please tell me it's not the latter kind sir.

Please clarify this.. are you against this project because because of the stadium designs (which are place holders btw.) or are you against this project because we might lose some "tall" smoke stacks in a decommissioned power plant? Please tell me it's not the latter kind sir.

It's a minor league stadium that I don't care about vs a smokestack that I have nostalgic feelings towards. The stadium is ALSO ugly on top of this. Add in more traffic in a place I do go (Charlestown/Assembly area) and less traffic in a place I don't go (Route 1 Foxborough) and I'm not a supporter.

I'm also not going to go to meetings or write letters to oppose this project. I'm just not going to actively support it, and I (not so) secretly hope it fails.

Back