Potential Exelon Mystic Station Redevelopment | Everett

CAB98364-032F-4F5F-B513-8B6B4169D6BE.jpeg
5A4D409A-F754-442C-B698-1AB987BCF37E.jpeg
1A67B6EA-38DF-40FF-B494-9B73F3F2B62C.jpeg
Nice fence

Per Steve Adams of Banker & Tradesman:

I wonder how they'll get around the State-designated Mystic River Designated Port Area. But this would be a perfect spot for a Revs stadium.
Rev's Head Coach did state on Sports Radio not long ago that he expected the Kraft Group to announce something by the end-of-year regarding a permanent home for the Team in/around the Boston Area. This would be ideal if they can get the MBTA service straighten out.

Lol knowing them the announcement will be that nothings happening and theyre still planning to build “soon”. This would be a great site, these days stadiums are centerpieces of entertainment districts no more are they just surrounded by seas of parking lots.

Really...the coach is commenting on stadium politics? Not the team prez.?

That's not a scoop. Bruce Arena literally doesn't have time in his day--especially when he's wearing both coach/GM hats--to be having any involvement in venue sitings or transportation access. It is so not-in-the-slightest his job. He's talking out of his ass there, and probably free-associating in front of an open mic a way that Kraft + team prez. Brian Bilello would really prefer he not.

How long have we been hearing about the the permanent Revs home in the Boston area? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years? I'll believe it when see the first kickoff in a SSS.

I dunno. Steve Wynn and Kraft were quite tight and almost did a huge deal a few years ago in the parking lots across Route 1 from Gillette - it was going to be a sort of high tech center (until the Foxboro troglodytes nixed it). Obviously, Winnie is now out of the picture but the Krafts must have made deep connections with Encore’s corporate entourage. Might be an angle to this.

Spoke to someone that would know at Wynn and asked how many acres they've secretly bought up. He said 75. Was kind of surprised it wasn't more.

Spoke to someone that would know at Wynn and asked how many acres they've secretly bought up. He said 75. Was kind of surprised it wasn't more.
Well given that the resort’s current ‘built’ footprint is only 33 acres, that’s a pretty significant sum of adjacent land.

Last edited:
Taken from the Encore thread:

48373471736_22cf2cf595_b.jpg

The remaining buildings breaking up the parking lots were a result of some holdouts and disputes. One of the cases, if anyone's interested -

If the entertainment district that was mentioned ever gets legitimate plans, I wonder if there will be a second buying spree of some of these buildings + portions of Exelon Mystic.

Back