Quincy General Developments

Fantastic, Love it. Give me two more and stick them on the stupid new surface lots the city just built next door

From the developer that did the Abby at North Quincy, we have this approved development at 269 Centre St, near Quincy Adams T stop. A parking lot right in front and everything, yay.
1663358109606.png

This looks good and replaces what is an almost vacant lot. It's a small surface parking lot, so that's not a big issue.

Live in this neighborhood, this is great! The monti granite property across the street is getting redeveloped as well. I really wish they would formally connect intervale with the crown colony business park

First two floors are basically parking btw. Also the building is cut into "Phases" which is strange for what appears to be a single continuous building.

First two floors are basically parking btw.
Ah dang, I missed that. Shame but makes sense. Not the worst area to live car free (did it for a couple years before I had a kid) but not the best either. BJs is the only place to shop within walking distance, and centre street is pretty shitty to bike on

anyone know whats being built on Newport Ave between the stop and shop plaza and the 100 Newport apartments? They tore the building down a few months back and have already started on a core.

anyone know whats being built on Newport Ave between the stop and shop plaza and the 100 Newport apartments? They tore the building down a few months back and have already started on a core.
This is the only place I know of to find projects. I don't see anything listed in that area, unless I'm missing it. Otherwise you could email the city. They are usually responsive.
https://www.quincyma.gov/departments/planning_and_community_development/planning/index.php

Hasnt been posted yet, Quincy medical center has been demolished and the 114 Ashlar Park project is u/c.

Before:
e4j3blx8ev7pxp9smh2d

recvmnhqkoo56e8ifrvs.jpg

jumw2vm94j061.jpg

After:
Ashlar1-2-1.jpg

AshlarJune_2022-23-scaled-e1655480776487.jpg

6f017523-5e7e-4104-b010-aaab6c659476-033022-gd-QUI_Foxrock01.JPG

Renders:
gallery2-1416x628.jpg

entry-1416x628.jpg

whitwell-1416x628.jpg

Ashlar-Parks-Quincy-Massachusetts.jpg

View-A.jpg

View-B1.jpg

View-B2.jpg

View-D.jpg

View-C.jpg

8b20cfb4-95bd-4fdf-9ef2-972f18c7b6c1-ap_1.jpg

Marketing-Site-Plan_Update-01-400x250.jpg

Ashlar Park is a 465-unit multifamily residential community located at the site of the former Quincy Medical Center. Just a 15-minute walk from the Quincy Center MBTA station, this transit-oriented project will provide much-needed housing to Quincy and Greater Boston.

As a first-class, modern residential campus, Ashlar Park offers a uniquely suburban experience to its residents while remaining adjacent to Quincy’s urban core. The project plan includes developing residences surrounding the historic Quincy Medical Center Administration Building and making improvements to Glendale Park.

https://www.bozzuto.com/apartments/quincy/ma/ashlar-park/

https://www.114whitwell.com/

https://www.dellbrookjks.com/project/ashlar-park/

Last edited:
Quincy developers really miss the mark. This massing is horrible. It looks like a shopping center with everything clustered around the suburban lawn, totally surrounded by acres of asphalt. I presume the neighbors wanted that as a buffer.

I would guess: Yes and Yes.

It's understandable if you look at the quiet suburban streets around it. Given the location context, I'm thrilled they were able to get 465 units into this.
But I agree, I wish it were more dense. I guess it's a case of getting as much as possible.

1665502584385.png

Its a shame that they tore down the hospital - I lived just a few blocks away, and appreciated having it so close - but is very much a very suburban neighborhood. Not only that, but there’s loads of quite expensive homes just over on Adams St. Most of the denser developments in Quincy should, IMO, be focused on that central spine following the Red line.

I do think the population density (Quincy grew by 10k people in the past decade) merits having an actual hospital there, but not on Whitwell. Crown Colony would probably be a good spot, it has a remaining 16 acre lot thats undeveloped, abutting 93.

Its a shame that they tore down the hospital - I lived just a few blocks away, and appreciated having it so close - but is very much a very suburban neighborhood. Not only that, but there’s loads of quite expensive homes just over on Adams St. Most of the denser developments in Quincy should, IMO, be focused on that central spine following the Red line.

I do think the population density (Quincy grew by 10k people in the past decade) merits having an actual hospital there, but not on Whitwell. Crown Colony would probably be a good spot, it has a remaining 16 acre lot thats undeveloped, abutting 93.
Healthcare access is not something that gets talked about a lot on here but it's relevant to Quincy - that population should have a closer medical center than either South Shore Hospital in Weymouth or the Carney in Dorchester. Crown Colony is a logical spot, but I wonder if the space between Quincy High and Faxon Field would be available, it would be a compact site but you could build upwards.

Healthcare access is not something that gets talked about a lot on here but it's relevant to Quincy - that population should have a closer medical center than either South Shore Hospital in Weymouth or the Carney in Dorchester. Crown Colony is a logical spot, but I wonder if the space between Quincy High and Faxon Field would be available, it would be a compact site but you could build upwards.

Don’t forget Beth Israel Milton. Its where I usually ended up before moving out of Quincy.

Regarding that spot next to Quincy High, my gut says its probably wetland of some sort? It certainly is more central than Crown Colony, but CC has fantastic highway access and Burgin running up into the center.

Building a hospital at crown colony would be a transportation nightmare. Sure highway “access” is good in terms of proximity but the 93 off ramp is always choked. As is the CC/Centre Street split at peak times. Crown colony also has 0 transit accessibility, not so much as an infrequent bus

Building a hospital at crown colony would be a transportation nightmare. Sure highway “access” is good in terms of proximity but the 93 off ramp is always choked. As is the CC/Centre Street split at peak times. Crown colony also has 0 transit accessibility, not so much as an infrequent bus
Theres quincy adams which is maybe a 10 minute walk. It used to have a shuttle but that was years ago, not sure if it still exists

I’d say a little creative upgrading of the Braintree split could resolve that. And a hospital most certainly could maintain a shuttle bus to the train station thats 3 minutes away.

Hasnt been posted yet

f78cdd36-c69c-4a03-a05f-a88c918bdaa3-building.JPG

802c3963-a5ef-435b-95b5-21451f1e1f74-building1.JPG

aad94c58-3f88-40ee-ab15-74bce761c1bb-building3.JPG

FoxRock, the development company owned by Granite Telecommunications CEO Rob Hale, presented to the planning board Wednesday a proposal to renovate the Masonic Temple building on Hancock Street, build a six-story residential addition and replace the Citizens Bank building with a six-story, 135-unit apartment complex.

“Quincy Center is going through an amazing renaissance right now and we’re excited to be a part of that,” said Michael LeBlanc, of Utile Architecture, the architect for the project. "We know we are close to a beautiful residential neighborhood and our idea is to be very thoughtful of that.”

https://www.patriotledger.com/story...nic-temple-citizens-bank-building/4151988001/

Cool that they are keeping the the Temple building as it is interesting building (guessing just the shell given the fire). On the other building replacing the hospital I guess I agree for the area probably amazing to get that many units in any form, but I do have to chuckle a bit at "ToD" w/ a 15 minute walk to the subway which would be what - about a mile and pretty much at the max of the walkshed for station.

Cool that they are keeping the the Temple building as it is interesting building (guessing just the shell given the fire).

Glad to see something is finally happening there after nine years.

The building at 1200 Hancock has already been demolished, right? I haven't been over there in a while.

Back