Radian (Dainty Dot) | 120 Kingston Street | Chinatown

Re: 120 Kingston, 29 Story Tower in Chinatown

That last picture especially.... Wow! Just beautiful.

thanks seeing the rest were a little fuzzie :)

Boston02124! that last shot was not only nicely done but it is something different, something I've not seen before....So many great photographers on this forum! Thank
You again!

thanks again,I've been gone for a bit/ nice to be appreciated!
051_zps78feec43.jpg

thanks again,I've been gone for a bit/ nice to be appreciated!
051_zps78feec43.jpg
From this angle, would the Jacob Wirth tower be visable? If so, the highrise "spine" is starting to fill that gap in between downtown and Back Bay. Kinda nice.

I'd imagine the Jacob Wirth Tower would fill in the gap between the Kensington and the W from that angle

^^^The crane furthest to the right is the is the new Kensington building. From this angle, Jacob Worths will be visable just to the right of that...Soo yes

I'd imagine the Jacob Wirth Tower would fill in the gap between the Kensington and the W from that angle

I think you are right. I pulled up Google Earth and tried to match the angle. Looks like, if built, it would fill in just to the left of the W.

That is the least flattering view of the skyline. From this angle downtown looks really squat and boxy (which I suppose it is). Filenes cant be built fast enough.

This angle is better when you can include from the Pru to downtown, though I agree that downtown is very boxy.

In fairness, keep in mind that the bottom portion of these buildings is obscured by the pinnacle of Beacon Hill and - for better or worse - the majority of downtown's tall buildings sit at bottom of the slope as it heads toward the harbor. Filene's won't be much taller than One Boston Place so the skyline won't appear all that much higher when its completed.

Building One Boston Place and 1 Beacon on the crest of that hill were underratedly terrible decisions in Boston's aesthetic history.

Permits for steel erection on this project were issued yesterday. This one's starting to move fast.

Who's the random girl?

Watched that video. Oh my. I could only stand about 30 seconds of her voice and annoying habit of flailing all over.

Back