Radian (Dainty Dot) | 120 Kingston Street | Chinatown

I hope they set the internal temperature to 73.7 degrees (they can have their pick of Fahrenheit, Celsius or Kelvin).

I hope they set the internal temperature to 73.7 degrees (they can have their pick of Fahrenheit, Celsius or Kelvin).

Cozz -- you'd best be careful of that kind of comme ci comme ça attitude -- you just might get the assignment to set their temperature:

1) 73.7 K is below the temperature of liquid Nitrogen -- good for housing high temperature superconductors

2) 73.7 F is just above standard room temperature or about 23 C

3) 73.7 C is good temperature for a Sauna -- you might want to talk to Nokia employees

Cozz -- you'd best be careful of that kind of comme ci comme ça attitude -- you just might get the assignment to set their temperature:

1) 73.7 K is below the temperature of liquid Nitrogen
Sure, at 1 atmosphere, but the residents of the Radian breathe rarefied air.

3) 73.7 C is good temperature for a Sauna -- you might want to talk to Nokia employees

I think we should Finnish here.

Can we bring this back full circle to the Radian? We have gone on quite a tangent here.

I think the degrees of the Radian represents something of a wedge issue.

To wrap-up the diversion -- I offer the following [not geometric but algebraic humour -- though it does have a reference to some of what we've been talking about]

Hillbilly Father to son returning from boarding school:
"Yor Ma tells yo be larning a new langlage Alegbra"
"Say somtin nin Legbra"

Proud Young Scholar:
"Pi R Square"

Puzzled Hillbilly Father:
wad dem govement folks take yall to dat skul -- Cornbreds square Pie r round"
:=}>

Really, really like how this looks from Washington Street. Reminds me a lot of the newer bit of the Colonnade Hotel on Huntington (in a good way)

^ That does look really sharp, now that the corner glass is all up.

Downburst - good call. I totally agree with you (and never noticed) that this looks a lot like the Colonnade Residences. However, I like this one more.

Boston's new "second tier" skyline is getting quite interesting

Hopefully in the next 5 years we'll see some new 1rst tier buildings with interesting tops, cornices, etc.

This one I like, despite its sordid history

One Financial playing hide and seek

has anyone figured out why they did the two different window patterns on either flat side of the building? it bugs me.

This is really just a filler building, pretty ugly, the glass side saves it, luckily its not taller/in a prominent location.

has anyone figured out why they did the two different window patterns on either flat side of the building? it bugs me.

My only guess was so it would look different from every side that you look at it, especially the glass side.

Back