Radian (Dainty Dot) | 120 Kingston Street | Chinatown

IMG_0263_zpsfba671b7.jpg

There's really only one thing about this building that I'm not crazy about, the two flat faces of the building. They're just so incredibly plain and boring. Could this be just that they didn't want to waste money on a facade that might see future tall building next to it? I may be wishful thinking just a bit.

Last edited:
There's really only one thing about this building that I'm not crazy about, the two flat faces of the building. There just so incredibly plain and boring. Could this be just that they didn't want to waste money on a facade that might see future tall building next to it? I may be wishful thinking just a bit.

It is actually pretty likely that there will be another high rise next door in the block bounded by Kingston, Essex and Edinboro. The old garment district building that occupies that block was also truncated by highway construction, so would probably see a similar fate to the Dainty Dot.

The building is also owned by Druker.

It is actually pretty likely that there will be another high rise next door in the block bounded by Kingston, Essex and Edinboro. The old garment district building that occupies that block was also truncated by highway construction, so would probably see a similar fate to the Dainty Dot.

The building is also owned by Druker.

Hmm, just what we need - to destroy more of Chinatown's urban fabric for another mediocre residential "luxury" tower. It's not as if there is a surface lot to build on another block over or anything. :rolleyes:

Coyote, did you take that just before 5:00 on Thursday? I walked right past someone taking shots of the building and figured it had to be an AB type.

great shot! ^ shows how the new building will add another layer to the skyline >looks finish to me?

The only real design objection I have is the rounded front corner. It's awkward and clashes stylistically with the rest of the building. Does not belong. Otherwise this building looks ok.

The only real design objection I have is the rounded front corner. It's awkward and clashes stylistically with the rest of the building. Does not belong. Otherwise this building looks ok.

Huh. That's my favorite part. I even wish there was more of a flourish at the top of that rounded glass corner.

I almost like it more on grey days. The curved side looks more dignified reflecting silvers rather than blues.

Back