Rio Grande (née Dudley Square Residential Tower) | Washington St. | Roxbury

Thank you....and who wants to live in a building with a Jamaican flag ribbon at the top ?

Maybe some enlightened souls can have a little fun here: just like Charles River Park apartments got legendary for their insufferably smug "If You Lived Here, You'd Be Home By Now" billboards sending Storrow Drive commuters batshit ballistic (the complex even made it into a Dennis Lehane novel, but I forget which one), these guys could make a nod in that direction with a huge banner advertisement when the construction's complete:

Rio Grande Apartments...

... If You Lived Here, You'd Be Suffering Severe Cognitive Dissonance By Now, Yew Yeller-bellied Yankee!

Thank you....and who wants to live in a building with a Jamaican flag ribbon at the top ?

I don't see why anyone without a proclivity for the most base and knee jerk racism would have a problem with that.

The presentation looked to have a slightly different rendering of the tower - not sure if this is the latest:

Ld1vrBdl.png

I hope this is current this is muuuch better than the 2 above. This looks respectable, especially for a high rise in Roxbury, those 2 above belong in the west end. It has nice height/width ratio, glass strip breaks it up, better crown.

I don't see why anyone without a proclivity for the most base and knee jerk racism would have a problem with that.

Jamaica is supposedly one of the most anti-gay places in the non-Muslim world so that's probably what a lot of people would see with the flag crown.

^^Down a bit from the ~370' from several years ago. But, that looks like one of the best renders in recent development history for Roxbury. i'd like to see the green get a shade or two lighter--but otherwise remain.

Its literally shared in the post before so the same image is posted 3 times in a row..

Last edited:
Seems so cookie cutter. Don’t we have the same taller building over by North Station?

Yeah but the Avalon at North Station isn't green. Huge difference.

Is this mainly affordable. I'd give it slack on its design if that's the case.

Back