Rose Kennedy Greenway

another European plaza that looks interesting in photos but in person you're bored to tears within one hour

You'd be bored to tears in almost any plaza of the world within one hour.

SoWa? Couldn't be that successful-I've never heard of it. Not that I'm really in the loop concerning neighborhood nomenclature.

RKG? SoWa, TriBeCa, GovCent, FiDi, SoBoWaFt....

Let's do some coke and price out some artists/gays/real people.

I'm curious to hear what people think about the stage proposed for the ventilation shaft Dewey Square parcel...

I'm all for adding more outdoor stages for live performances, anywhere in the city.

I slogged through this blog. The guy who writes it seems to have a personal vendetta against the greenway group. Every article is negative or full of misinformation. Either he's bored or a complete tool.

Also, to answer you question, I'm all for activating the RKG. Live performances seem like a great way to do that, especially near South Station.

Why do you ask?

I'm an avid reader of NorthEndWaterfront.com. It is a real service to the neighborhood here. Waldorf, what misinformation are you referring to? The post looks pretty factual.

The guy goes to the Greenway meetings and reports what happens. Sure, he questions where our taxpayer money is going ... what's wrong with that?

The answer for this is probably somewhere in this enormous thread. But I was looking for botanical gardens in Boston and stumbled upon this. http://www.darwinboston.org/home.htm. Is this in the RKG or did is get scrapped, b/c an inclosed botanical garden is an awsome idea for the RKG. Especially given all the cold months.

^^ There's the small problem of raising ~130M to construct it.

Ahh thanks, hopefully it still gets built one day. Construction costs are getting ricockulous.

I assume the Darwin Project is somehow related to the "Garden Under Glass" that Mass Hort was designated to build. During the ~15 years they were designated as the developer they made no progress and raised no money, which is why those parcels are sort of in limbo now with some "temporary" gardens to be planted.

It's getting to the point that a temporary red light district on those parcels might be the only thing able to ever raise a good bit of money.

Lurker - that's not a bad idea (or to reword, there are many worse ideas).

I think the stretches along the Convention Center are where we should have strip clubs and adult entertainment. It's a natural spot for it.

Darwin Project was the 'second draft' of the Garden Under Glass project, but it's dead now.

Back