Rose Kennedy Greenway

I like the tower designs...good for their era. What I feel badly about is the huge bill each tenant had to pay for upgrades, maintenance, and water pipe replacement.

I like the tower designs...good for their era. What I feel badly about is the huge bill each tenant had to pay for upgrades, maintenance, and water pipe replacement.

Why feel badly? It's the price for owning a home! Things do need replacement and upgrades and it's the homeowners choice to own a home instead of renting!

Anyone know what they're doing next to j pace? They tore the building down next to it.

Next time I have trouble sleeping I'm going to stare at the mural for a few seconzzzzzzzzz...

I was just talking about this with some friends, and one of their comments sums it up best: They didn't even notice it was there when they walk by every day for work.

The last one drew your eyes toward it. This one melts away so much into everything else that you don't even think to look that way.

No kidding. Could it be any duller, any more gray?

And winter is not going to help.
I do like the intricacy of the silhouette, but something really garish (maybe lemon yellow on a magenta or orange background or even black against lime green or yellow) is needed to make people look.

I like its subtlety...a contrast to the previous mural...kind of like a palate-cleanser during a meal in preparation for the next course.

But a palette cleanser shouldn't last as long as a full course, and I worry we'll be stuck with this for a while.

Speaking of Carousels, does anyone else think the one over in the Common looks pretty damn depressing?

482_zps9081e433.jpg

480_zps15abefcf.jpg

Trash the murals -- this is the perfect location for a very sophisticated mostly vertical Sundial

see for example the very Baroque vertical sundial on the south wall of the Wilanow Palace of Jan III Sobieski outside of Warsaw

Warsaw_Wilanow_Palace_sundial.jpg

Closer view of Chronos and the innovative [circa 1685] single pointer "telling" both the time of day and the day of the year

Cadran_solaire_Wilan%C3%B3w_01_AB.jpg

That would give people something to come back to anytime the sun is up and its not buried in the clouds

Last edited:
But a palette cleanser shouldn't last as long as a full course, and I worry we'll be stuck with this for a while.

The Os Gemeos piece was always scheduled to come down after a year; no reason to think this one would be any different.

Probably no longer than we were stuck with the previous one, which I tired of rather quickly.

This hasn't been proposed by anybody, just a random thought.

What do you all think of putting a Hilltop cow permanently on the Greenway?
Kitsch art or just kitschy?

Weren't there a bunch of cows around the city a few years back as an art project? I was in some little city out west that had bronze moose everywhere too, everyone seemed to have fun with them. Its silly, but that's the point.

I wish the Stockyard would buy the cactus. That, the WGBH animated billboard, and then the New Balance stuff would look great looming over the pike.

PRICELESS........You should become the director of the Rose Kennedy Greenway for that comment.

Weren't there a bunch of cows around the city a few years back as an art project? I was in some little city out west that had bronze moose everywhere too, everyone seemed to have fun with them. Its silly, but that's the point.

I wish the Stockyard would buy the cactus. That, the WGBH animated billboard, and then the New Balance stuff would look great looming over the pike.

The cactus from the hilltop steakhouse on rt. 1 would be great right in boston

Back