Rose Kennedy Greenway

Innovative and imaginative I will give you. Inspired... well that is up for debate.

its inspired by boston's heritage, and it was for a boston heritage museum. i mean, its not incredibly creative, but its definitely an inspiring/inspired structure.

I think I liked the Liebeskind building better but I still think that was a dud too.

...I liked the Libeskind building too.

We'll just leave it at different tastes, how's that?

Whose plans are they? Mass Hort is in dire financial straits. They cancelled next year's spring flower show.

The Greenway Conservancy with the BRA. MassHort is out. You ought to attend the public meetings for these parcels.

What the hell are the point of those "star wars robots"? I guess they are kinda cool, but really don't seem to make sense on the Greenway.
And jesus this has to be the largest thread on this site. 198 pages!
We've almost reached 200 haha

If those were in Central Park of Madison Sq you guys would have pee-ed in your pants with excitement.

I've seen the art in Madison Sq (live near by) and the stuff there is (usually) much more interesting.

Yeah, sorry I've got to imagine there's a lot more art going on in Central Park than along the Greenway. Even just with painters painting the park during the summer.

Boston Herald
City picks firm to map out Greenway zoning
By Thomas Grillo | Tuesday, December 16, 2008 | http://www.bostonherald.com | Business & Markets
Photo
Photo by Mark Garfinkel

A Boston design firm will revise zoning along the Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy Greenway.

The Boston Redevelopment Authority picked Utile Inc. Architecture & Planning to establish the boundaries of the Greenway development district, consider build-out scenarios and devise environmental standards.

Ken Greenberg, the designer who made recommendations to the city for Fan Pier, is expected to be named as a subcontractor. The team will examine the 2.5-mile park that replaced the elevated highway depressed during the Big Dig.

The new guidelines will come as plans emerge for two developments along the Greenway.

The Raymond Property Co. is expected to file plans to replace the Government Center Garage at 1 Congress St. with a so-called transit-oriented project of hotel, office, condominiums and retail. The property is adjacent to the Haymarket MBTA station.

In addition, Donald Chiofaro, owner of the Boston Harbor Garage near the New England Aquarium, hopes to demolish the seven-story concrete facility and replace it with a mix of luxury office space, hotel and condominiums.
Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/business/general/view.bg?articleid=1139329

For the love of god, how many more firms is the city going to hire to "investigate" how best to use this land?!

Unreal.

$50 says they eventually hire a firm that recommends scrapping the whole thing and adding elevated highways to handle northbound traffic while leaving the tunnel as purely southbound.

For the love of god, how many more firms is the city going to hire to "investigate" how best to use this land?!

Unreal.

$50 says they eventually hire a firm that recommends scrapping the whole thing and adding elevated highways to handle northbound traffic while leaving the tunnel as purely southbound.

City officials just looking for handouts.

At what point can we rip up the poorly sodded grass and knit the city back together?

The park DOES NOT WORK.

Back