Roslindale Infill and Small Developments

Can these people be hanged? Literally, they are depraved, morally corrupt, and are contributing to suffering of poor people.
Good thing you said that here and not on Facebook. Otherwise you’d be zucked.

Reactions: FK4
saying that while Washington Street in Roslindale could certainly do with more density, the specific proposal was just too dense.

What a weird thing to say. Like I honestly have a hard time imagining what kind of middle ground they're looking for for this site. I'd love to have them give an example from somewhere else in the city (or anywhere really) of what they'd prefer to get built here.

What a weird thing to say. Like I honestly have a hard time imagining what kind of middle ground they're looking for for this site. I'd love to have them give an example from somewhere else in the city (or anywhere really) of what they'd prefer to get built here.
Based on Christine Araujo's comments about parking, I think they'd like to see a two story parking garage with a couple of apartments above it on the third floor.

So a mini Government Center Garage. I think that can be arranged. We have the parts available.
Actually, that would be incredible if someone created a sculpture garden out of those parts somewhere.

Increasingly, this kind of NIMBYism is not reflective of attitudes among people who live in Roslindale. There was a visceral backlash to this rejection, and Walkup Roslindale even went as far as to pen an open letter to the Mayor demanding that the ZBA members whose terms have expired be replaced. It's really infuriating that they wield so much power, and that the Board Chair, who lives in Roslindale, is so overtly a NIMBY regarding any proposals in this neighborhood.
Maybe we should start picketing outside this persons house. Ha

34666A9A-FDD8-4472-86E7-E1820F2D5D40.jpeg
10AACB94-F7E3-4354-A07C-510D22B8F2C2.jpeg

This one is coming along nicely, snuck up on me. Good density (could’ve been a story or two taller though), and even so it’s pretty hidden from all angles.

Even so it’s pretty hidden from all angles.
It is, but it's kind of cool the way it suddenly emerges, looming above the Health Center as you approach on Washington St.

Reactions: FK4
Has there been any visible movement on the Arboretum Link / Roslindale Gateway Path?
I have seen no official word on this, but did somewhat recently come across a passing statement on Facebook that it had either been delayed (obviously) or cancelled (hopefully not). No particular reason to trust the statement, but the lack of any official word in a few years is disconcerting.

I have seen no official word on this, but did somewhat recently come across a passing statement on Facebook that it had either been delayed (obviously) or cancelled (hopefully not). No particular reason to trust the statement, but the lack of any official word in a few years is disconcerting.
Ugh. Hope it’s not.

I emailed BTD asking for a status update. Received the following response this morning:
"The City and MBTA are still negotiating and working on a lease for a portion of land that will make up the path. We hope to have more information soon."

The project is thankfully not dead. Just languishing in bureaucracy.

The public meeting for 59-63 Belgrade small project review was held last night. Not a lot of new information, but some new renders were shown in the presentation. This one in particular was interesting, because it really shows how the building continues the visual elements of the triple decker street wall as you look down Belgrade Ave. The 4th floor, which will require ZBA approval is really de-emphasized in this context. Also noted, every unit will have a balcony, and there will additionally be a roof deck for all tenants to use. Overall favorable community feedback. The developer seems to have hit the sweet spot on parking, at roughly .75 spaces per unit. Only a few complaints, balanced between not enough and too much, and even those commenters praised the overall scale and design of the project.

59Belgrade2.PNG

Any word on what will go in their existing parking lot on the other side of Belgrade?

Any word on what will go in their existing parking lot on the other side of Belgrade?
That question came up in the meeting and it surprised me, because somehow I had never noticed that small parking lot. At any rate, the developer said that it was not bundled with the funeral home parcel and not part of their project. Not really an answer to your question, other than an indication that Folsom has other plans for their remaining Belgrade Ave. real estate. It's a very small parcel, I doubt we'll see anything too substantial there, maybe something with six units, I wouldn't expect more than that.

Reactions: BMW
Anyone know what is happening at the corner of Washington and archdale? They tore down the used car place, but it looks like they haven’t started anything else.

18 units, decent look for a corner building. But it was approved almost 2 years ago, I wonder when they will actually break ground.

WashArch.PNG

Back