Seaport Memorial Park | Parcel F @ Seaport Square | Seaport

Well, that just seems like a massive waste of water.

Did you know that you don't need to wait years for tree cover? Post Office Square park has a number of mature specimen trees that are on "permanent loan" from the Arnold Arboretum. That's one of the things that make it a nice place. It even has parking ramps for the garage that are so well integrated that you never notice them when you're in the park.

Details on the trees here:
http://www.normanbleventhalpark.org/design-features/trees/

The little Eastport Park next to the Seaport Hotel is a nice space, with human scale art and seating, and it's been there for years.

Eastport Park:
https://goo.gl/maps/vv6M3p6yMm92

The new-construction Seaport public realm so far is cold and characterless.

Those small water fountains must look interesting at night. Just wish they perfected the drainage on them.

I'm all about water features and fountains, these, I just don't get the thought behind it.

Very strange feature & terrible for people with vision impairments. Someone with a cane could walk right into an operating fountain because there's no tactile barrier around it or in general, someone with low-functioning vision could just not see it.

Very strange feature & terrible for people with vision impairments. Someone with a cane could walk right into an operating fountain because there's no tactile barrier around it or in general, someone with low-functioning vision could just not see it.

Totally agree. A simple wrap-around curb solves this. However, clearly they were going for a sleek aesthetic here - to which I would respond, try a polished, dark-grained or black granite. Will look sleek and beautiful while providing tactile barrier.

Odurandia -- I suggest that you launch a new thread called

"Martin's Park"

richard1.jpg

martinspark_biz.jpg

If what is being discussed and fund-raised comes to fruition it will be another gem in the extended "Emerald Necklace" / "Harbor Walk"

It could also be a bit of a model or at least useful reference for the new GE Park which will be built next to GE's HQ

Wow, cool, cool recliners, they need more of them here. The chairs/tables I'm sure will be very welcomed as well though not a fan of backless seating. Landscapingis looking good though why the chain-link fencing? Is this not completed yet?

Wow, cool, cool recliners, they need more of them here. The chairs/tables I'm sure will be very welcomed as well though not a fan of backless seating. Landscapingis looking good though why the chain-link fencing? Is this not completed yet?

Not to mention the Jersey barriers. Let's finish it up, folks!

There isn't a street there. It's still parking for now.

Its not completed they just blocked off the end of whats there and left parking for now. Theres still a piece that has to get done that abuts the next street which is yet to be created that will go between the park and parcel G.

The design has changed a little bit but right now the park ends right after the obelisk. It still has to go all the way up to the road which doesn't exist yet.

131205_Fallen-Heroes-Park.png

Back