Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

Re: Innovation Dist. / South Boston Seaport

I actually think it's one of the only bank branches in SPID. I think there is a BOA branch in the Manulife building?

They were handing out bottles of water and cookies Saturday morning. No dog treats though. Amateurs...

I'm happy that the Vertex buildings retail is shaping out. Day care center, Babo, Committee (this month), yes even a bank. It's neighborhood stuff.

What I really want is for the Seaport Square parcels between Sleeper and Parcel K to kick off. Anyone know if that appeal from the abutter was dismissed yet?

ry%3D400

You'll notice in Boston02124's pictures above from 6/2/2015 of 101 Seaport (PWC) that the exterior construction elevator is starting to be disassembled. The final bit of glass is also going up over the atrium/lobby space along Seaport Boulevard.

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/ric02124/arch%20boston%202015/mt%20ju15%205_zpsesqmg7wi.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Seaport garage to add two stories of office space
By Jack Newsham GLOBE CORRESPONDENT JUNE 11, 2015

The owners of a garage in the Seaport District have told the city they want to add two new stories of office space to the building.

Berkeley Investments, Inc. said in a letter to the Boston Redevelopment Authority that it wanted to add office space to its eight-story building on Boston Wharf Road, most of which is used for parking. The owners said they also wanted to add retail space on the ground floor and modify its northern wall, which faces the Q Park, to “complement” the outdoor space.

continued ... https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...ffice-space/ZCuvKd5lmg8dZtLRdpffcO/story.html

really suks how the South Boston skyline from a distance looks like one big long short building

Contrast with Assembly Row, which has far inferior cuisine and the restos are packed every night. The difference is that there's nothing to do in Fort Point before or after dinner (shop, movie) —*and parking is notorious. The lack of local drop-ins seems like a dubious concern. Each of those places is fairly pricey so casual drop-in regulars are not the problem.

Fort Point is just out-of-the-way for most every other resident of Boston who doesn't live there.

Also, the prospect of going there for overpriced, overhyped food just ain't that appetizing.

Fort Point is just out-of-the-way for most every other resident of Boston who doesn't live there.

Also, the prospect of going there for overpriced, overhyped food just ain't that appetizing.

Also, Assembly has ample parking and convenient highway access. Fort Point has neither. The movie theater is on its way, though.

+1 on the 2nd part. Row 34 is good, but my skirt wasnt blown up with Tavern road or pastoral, theyre both just kinda eh. Blue Dragon was decent but overpriced and over hyped.

I just never think of going to Fort Point for food even though it's a 20 minute walk for me. Expensive yuppie food isn't really my thing.

Is the innovation district moniker dead?

I avoid most of the restaurants in Fort Point/Seaport because they're simply not that good.

Back