Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

Re: Innovation Dist. / South Boston Seaport

Massport's March 15th visual materials have a Real Estate update:

http://www.massport.com/media/2766/march-15-2018-board-presentation_website_watermark.pdf

- Waterside Place 2 is now named "Gables Seaport" if anyone cares :).

- Parcel A-2 RFP was issued in February, with selection expected in September. A-2 is the quarter-circle between WTC Station and 399 Congress. The RFP notes that while the Silver Line tunnel runs under the site, there is "optional ramp overbuild to the south" enabled by Massport's investment in structural slurry walls. I assume that means that while the developer would need to lay deck, the supporting substructure already exists. They don't specify how far to the south the developer could go (all the way to Summer?).

- A few slides on USPS relocation - maps but no update on USPS actually taking the deal. More about how Massport would assemble the site from the Army.

- Parcels H (adjacent to and building over Silver Line Way) and D-3 (across from the Omni) will have RFPs issued within the next year. All 3 parcels will have parking in the SBWTC, not underneath the individual lots).

- Slide 114 has a nice render of WTC Ave. with Gables and A-2 complete.

Does anyone know what the new headhouse for Courthouse Station is going to look like? The site keeps getting bigger every day in front of District Hall, but I don't recall seeing any renders.

20 billion dollars in public infrastructure.
The silver line bus? Really for 20billion that’s what we were able to create?
Looks like a play ground for the rich.

It must include the I-90 extension.

20 billion dollars in public infrastructure.
The silver line bus? Really for 20billion that’s what we were able to create?
Looks like a play ground for the rich.

Don't get mad.. get E*Trade.

That was so boring nothing jumps out at yah making u think it’s a place u want to visit

HOLY JESUS.....

how did i miss this??

[pardon if i've enzoed] :D.....

i don't see 150 Seaport. :confused:

Stick renders in 3... 2... 1......

That's pretty spectacular, especially the steps from Summer and the Block M courtyard.

You can see 150 Seaport at just after 4 minutes

That was so boring nothing jumps out at yah making u think it’s a place u want to visit

Are you serious? I'm jumping on the Silver Line bus as we speak.

I'm actually stuck in traffic right now as I type this on the message boards trying to get over the bridge.

21th century planning of great transit with our 20 Billion in tax dollars.

There is a documentary on HBO called class divide——it’s about NYC development.
This is exactly what is going on in the seaport when the globe starts talking racism. It’s not racism it’s classism- rich vs poor.
I really believe if they allowed the banks to fail, and not pinned interest rates to hold up all asset classes for the rich we wouldn’t be having this problem.

There are developments in NYC that get 20% tax incentives to allow a certain amount of low income housing. The problem is developers are creating separate entrances to those developments for the low income vs high income.

Like I have been saying income inequality is America’s biggest issue now not racism.

Class divide 2015 filmmaker Marc levin income inequality and gentrification in Chelsea, NYC

Last edited:

There is a documentary on HBO called class divide——it’s about NYC development.
This is exactly what is going on in the seaport when the globe starts talking racism. It’s not racism it’s classism- rich vs poor.
I really believe if they allowed the banks to fail, and not pinned interest rates to hold up all asset classes for the rich we wouldn’t be having this problem.

There are developments in NYC that get 20% tax incentives to allow a certain amount of low income housing. The problem is developers are creating separate entrances to those developments for the low income vs high income.

Like I have been saying income inequality is America’s biggest issue now not racism.

Class divide 2015 filmmaker Marc levin income inequality and gentrification in Chelsea, NYC

Existing neighborhoods cry foul when gentrification occurs. They don't want nicer places to be built up because they will demand higher dollars. People will pay those dollars and overall area prices increase. Of course, price pressures could also go up once an area becomes more desirable for other reasons as well. The effect is the same. Gentrification occurs and existing residents bawl. The lower income doesn't want the higher income in their space either.

Ok fine, so here's Seaport, which is taking a crap ton of parking lots that nobody had cared about for decades and is building a neighborhood that is obviously being in demand by anyone who is continuously willing to pay to live there. Meanwhile, it isn't displacing any current residents (i.e., there were none) and the city is getting an influx of dollars.

And please, before you go back to that misled argument about how the government is giving tax breaks to corporations to be in the Seaport, understand that numerous posts have already been made about how they are tied and conditional to hiring and employment goals (e.g., using tax dollars to invest in people who, in turn, pay taxes.. this is not some black hole money squandering effort like other things that tax dollars go towards). These types of tax incentives contribute to the multiplier effect, unlike subsidies (generally speaking).

Also, seriously.. why do you keep making posts about the "rich" and the "poor?" How is that even directly relevant here? Are you trying to just stir things up? Jealously? What is it?

These types of tax incentives contribute to the multiplier effect, unlike subsidies (generally speaking

Jealously? What is it?

Then why not issue tax incentives across the city of Boston for all new job creation? Instead of for the selected few corporations? What about that multiplier?

Jealously? More like I don’t want to see our future generations to grow up in economic slavery because they were not educated on corrupt bullshit politics.

There are many factors pushing out the fixed income family taxpayers that built up Boston.
#1 billions of our tax dollars invested into prime property infrastructure only for our politicians to allow certain groups to build incredible wealth off the taxpayers money with great tax incentives deals.
#2 giving these types of tax incentives pushes the costs on surrounding areas as rising property costs come into play. It’s called demand and it pushes out the locals out of the city. Now Somerville is calling for s transfer tax to be paid.
#3 the city now asking to create double taxation on existing businesses that surround the greenway and downtown as other groups are receiving tax breaks.

How can you justify this stupidity?
The political hacks now to want to create more taxes because they gave billion dollar corporations incredible incentives on prime property.
Transfer tax, BID tax, greenway tax.
Then you have the Boston globe writing about racism? It has nothing to do about racism.

The politicians basically work for the corporations not the taxpaying citizens. That’s might point.

Last edited:

*yawn*

Time's change. Move on.

Didn't we make a specific thread for all the political stuff?

Didn't we make a specific thread for all the political stuff?

Until developers can actually build architecture with their own capital--- we most likely wouldn't see political garbage mentioned on this board anymore.

Last edited:

Back on topic folks....

There are large trees being planted in the media of Seaport Blvd. now beginning near Envoy. AWESOME!!

41161843605_89b5eb8e50_b.jpg

41341986254_4e87c5ef47_b.jpg

40254383220_b31274ba5a_b.jpg

Taking their time finishing the pedestrian connection.

Back