Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

Re: Innovation Dist. / South Boston Seaport

Massport Parcel K, Innovation Square, Waterside Place 1B and Marine Wharf all seem to have started moving very close to each other, which is a good sign for continued building in the "far" seaport. Of course, this make Silver Line improvements all the more important.

time to update the list...
(edited)

complete / near-complete:

- The Benjamin & VIA (née One Seaport Square) | Parcels B-C@Seaport Sq.
- 50 Liberty @ Fan Pier | 50 Liberty Drive
- 121 Seaport Boulevard | Parcel L2
- 10 Farnsworth Street [technically Fort Point]

under construction:

- Pier 4 Office Tower | 140 Northern Ave | Seaport
- Pier 4 Condo Building (Former Anthony's site)
- Seaport Parcels M1-M2 | Seaport Sq.
- Stillings Garage Expansion | 22 Boston Wharf Rd [technically Fort Point]
- Martin's Park | Children's Wharf [technically Fort Point]
- Residences at 399 Congress St (formerly Madison Seaport Hotel)
- SBWTC /South Boston Waterfront Transportation Center
- Waterside Place 1B | 505 Congress Street
- Parcel K | Northern Avenue
- Innovation Square (iSQ) | 6 Tide St.
- 25 Fid Kennedy

approved, with potential 2018 starts:

- Whiskey Priest/Atlantic Beer Garden Redevelopment | 150 Seaport Blvd
- Marine Wharf (Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites) | 660 Summer St
- Parcel Q1 | 10 Drydock Ave.
- Omni Hotel @ BCEC | Summer St

proposed:

- 88 Seaport Blvd | Seaport Square Parcel D
- Marine Industrial Park Parcel 5&6? | 5 Fid Kennedy (Stavis Seafood)
- Marine Industrial Park Parcel M | 3 Dolphin Way (Foodmart)

hopefully proposed soon:

- Fan Pier Parcel E
- Fan Pier Parcel H
- Seaport Square Parcel F (the last undeveloped section)
- Seaport Square Parcel G
- Massport Parcel A2
- Massport Parcel H
- Marine Industrial Park Parcel V1
- Marine Industrial Park Dry Dock 4
- any freak parcel (Massport Parcel D1, concave triangle parcel, two level fort point)

65Jvwcu.png

Seaport-Square-map.png

bostonseaportmap.jpg

Mayor-Walsh-BRA-Audit-Non-Revenue-Producing-Land-Parcels.png

Last edited:

That is great...Can't see anything on Massport site about a D-1.

Pulling these over from the Seaport Square thread:

Probably wrong place for this. Massport has nothing to do with Seaport Square

Yes,

Can you remind me where the general Seaport discussion thread is?

To me, that's a pretty key parcel for Silver Line operations. I'd love to see a building there stretch south all the way to the open portion of the Ted Williams tunnel with decking over the Silver Line ROW (much like the Hancock building does next door). If a developer proposed this and integrated a new "Silver Line Way" station into the building's ground floor (plus chipped in some $$$ for a tunnel under D) I'd consider that a solid "public realm improvement."

And can we just go ahead and rename "Silver Line Way" station to "Harborside" already?

What in the.... Has anyone ever noticed parcel D1. I just noticed this. What in gods name is going to go there? Thats awesome haha.

I think A-2 and D-1 should be combined into an air rights parcel that extends all the way to Summer St.

Im guessing by the angle that this is going to go in the new seaport square L parcels area? Looks to be L4. Anyone know? Either way I think it looks great and when this goes up with the M parcels and pier 4 is complete the seaport is going to be in another stratosphere than it was 1 year ago.

686184216_960.jpg

Parcel G and D added along with the new median and trees/sidewalk activation. Shows the art that is going to be on the median along with what this street wall is actually going to look like.

You can even spot the new podium going up at the sept 11 park and 150 seaport poking out behind pier 4 so this is a "complete" render.
H1sw8zyh.png

Pet peeve alert: When I see things like this I wonder if these people have ever seen a road. Lines are not dashed like that. This isn't complex engineering. Just look out the window to see how it's done.

Pet peeve alert: When I see things like this I wonder if these people have ever seen a road. Lines are not dashed like that. This isn't complex engineering. Just look out the window to see how it's done.

I think everything in renderings is done for a reason. If they dont draw road lines like they should its because they think it looks better. Its all about aesthetics, especially the superficial objects. They dont care about about realism.

I think everything in renderings is done for a reason. If they dont draw road lines like they should its because they think it looks better. Its all about aesthetics, especially the superficial objects. They dont care about about realism.

Or they outsourced the render to a Korean animation factory and those folks looked out the window.

teheran-ro_seoul_korea_daytime.jpg

Lol can we just appreciate that it actually looks really good with the rest of the parcels filled in on that side of seaport blvd and with the median/sidewalks completed and filled out?

JASS---Picture has me feeling like I'm in the movie Inception

Today crews began tearing up the median that does from Boston Wharf Road to East Service Road (i.e. in front of 101 and 121 Seaport). Looking forward to trees going in soon.

Seems like a half assed attempt at a protected bike lane.

Back