Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

Re: Innovation Dist. / South Boston Seaport

So why did so many well known chefs plop down so much money here all at once?

I am withholding judgment on that article. I think the timing is off - it's "summer" so some restaurants do better than others. From my experience walking by, the restaurants - and bars - in the area have been very busy. Perhaps after work crowds? If so, many of those people are probably heading home quickly once their jobs are done for the day, so they can enjoy the weather, play games, go on vacations.

Having said that, there are "too" few housing units in Fort Point / Seaport, because some of the projects were converted to other uses before being built and because of delays in starting construction, Seaport Square specifically.

It's amazing how much has changed in just the last 1-2 years.

I noticed yesterday morning that there is no tower crane in this area for the first time in a while. The one at Watermark Seaport came down over the weekend.
I think that there will be 3 new ones soon at the JMA site over by the Whiskey.

Just been wondering: who owns the plot of land next to the Children's Museum? In the space between the museum and Seaport Blvd and from Fort Point Channel to Sleeper St seems like it'd be a great space for a stunning, eye-catching piece of architecture for some sort of civic space, like the Boston Museum or some such. It'd be right on the water by both the Children's and Tea Party Museums. But it comes down to who owns the spot.

I'm thinking something really crazy, like this (except an actual building):
19905239095_4168f5fe8c_z.jpg

Isn't that the land that was gifted from McCourt to the CM as part of the Seaport Square sale? Something along those lines.

It's either CM or City owned I think.

from Longwood n02124/arch%20bos%202015/BampWs%204_zpsmwlexrsg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Isn't that the land that was gifted from McCourt to the CM as part of the Seaport Square sale? Something along those lines.

It's either CM or City owned I think.

You are correct. The McCourts (when they were still a couple) donated the land to the Children's Museum.

New MBTA super-sized ferry? LOL, note the MBTA-esque blue and yellow stripes.

You're right; looks like a giant T bus. That stripping means it's a commercial ship operating on a Navy mission. Can't really tell what it is, but looks like it might have been contracted out to do some shipping?

I noticed yesterday morning that there is no tower crane in this area for the first time in a while. The one at Watermark Seaport came down over the weekend.
I think that there will be 3 new ones soon at the JMA site over by the Whiskey.

Big Boy -- either you are prescient or you missed it but few posts later [ 07-25-2015, 11:25 PM #2210 by Boston02124 ] clearly shows a tower crane over by the Courthouse

Big Boy -- either you are prescient or you missed it but few posts later [ 07-25-2015, 11:25 PM #2210 by Boston02124 ] clearly shows a tower crane over by the Courthouse

C'mon, whighlander. Bigboybuilder's comment about "no tower crane in this area for the first time in a while" was on 7/14. The crane went up "over by the Courthouse" at One Seaport Square on 7/18. That's why you see a crane in a post from 7/25.

C'mon, whighlander. Bigboybuilder's comment about "no tower crane in this area for the first time in a while" was on 7/14. The crane went up "over by the Courthouse" at One Seaport Square on 7/18. That's why you see a crane in a post from 7/25.

Jumbo -- thanks for the correction -- I would have assumed that someone would have noted that a new crane had sprouted and posted the pix of the base and then .... -- we used to be so so excited over one -- now its just passe to wax poetic about another crane

From Sunday

Back