Seaport Neighborhood - Infill and Discussion

In this shot: 6 buildings built this decade, 3 of the 6 remaining empty lots with active developments. Pretty remarkable to see it finally filling in
Fitchburg -- All that is / has being developed now -- was already in the pipeline for the past decade -- just beyond the Fan Pier / Seaport Square and some Massport properties -- there is still a lot of lots which are utilized for holding trucks or just occasionally at all

By comparing the development of Seaport to Kendall [over the past 30 years plus] -- my guess is that while the current wild pace of development will subside -- there will still be a lot of development of the South Boston Fort Point / Broadway T / Seaport area for the next few decades

Z256WMIZWRCITB2OCHQVQWSUPA.jpg

Frank Stella standing in front of a permanent mural of his 1970 painting "Damascus Gate, Variation D" newly installed at at WS Development's Seaport Square.

(Placing this here as it is public art for the Seaport.)

Z256WMIZWRCITB2OCHQVQWSUPA.jpg

Frank Stella standing in front of a permanent mural of his 1970 painting "Damascus Gate, Variation D" newly installed at at WS Development's Seaport Square.

(Placing this here as it is public art for the Seaport.)
Sure, it’s a reproduction, but I like it. It vibes well with the colorful Okuda sculptures along the median.

Last edited:
Oh, cool, that's right next to my work. I assume they'll have skate rentals.

1,300 apartments will come available in the Seaport between now and the end of 2020.

Gables
Parcel K
NEMA
Echelon

How do you fill all of them up in the shortest period of time??

My guess is that it takes around 3 years to fill any one apartment building. Don't know how I came up with that.

Will the "glut" change that calculation?

How is that a hit piece on the Seaport? It's an art installation commenting on the history and continuation of shitty housing policies.

How is that a hit piece on the Seaport? It's an art installation commenting on the history and continuation of shitty housing policies.
George -- its a harmless if misguided attempt at "Meaningful Art" -- every half-baked artist thinks their work is so moving and another Guernica

BUT -- in most cases the art is just mediocre and meaningless

I'm sure that when the first 3decker went up -- people thought that the world was coming to an end -- well it didn't then and its not about to now either

George -- its a harmless if misguided attempt at "Meaningful Art" -- every half-baked artist thinks their work is so moving and another Guernica

BUT -- in most cases the art is just mediocre and meaningless

I'm sure that when the first 3decker went up -- people thought that the world was coming to an end -- well it didn't then and its not about to now either

Honestly noone has any idea what that thing is. People walk right by it, just thinking its a sampler. Can we get that parking spot back now :)

Honestly noone has any idea what that thing is. People walk right by it, just thinking its a sampler. Can we get that parking spot back now :)
A neighbor had remarked that it looks like a sampler that fell off of a truck on its way to another town and no one has since bothered to come back to pick it up.

“housing built in mass tracts... for the burgeoning working class.”

words that will never be spoken together again...

Back