Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

I found this render which has a lot of the correct buildings like the tower thats going on the church parcel and some wrong ones like 50 liberty. Then it has a building next to pier 4 that we have never seen before along with the gap on fan pier filled in. Its missing 150 seaport at the whiskey priest. It was a small picture so I had to blow it up bigger so its kind of blurry, but its a good view of what the area will generally look like.

Last edited:
I found this render which has a lot of the correct buildings like the tower thats going on the church parcel and some wrong ones like 50 liberty. Then it has a building next to pier 4 that we have never seen before along with the gap on fan pier filled in. Its missing 150 seaport at the whiskey priest. It was a small picture so I had to blow it up bigger so its kind of blurry, but its a good view of what the area will generally look like.

AWESOME find. Also is missing the to-be-built building next to Goodwin's box.

It does show the GE building, but around that area is all going to be filled in too with a new park. Then all the way on the left of the picture across from part 2 of Seaport Square there was a proposal for a hotel for the BCEC that went up to summer street and covered much of the road below. Not sure if that is still on the table or not.

I agree with a lot of their sentiments but those things do no HAVE to go into this part of Seaport Square. They have to go somewhere though. The theater has been revised and it looks like they will have two smaller spaces so Im not sure how much of a loss that is but as far as a school, library, and grocery store, there is still room for these after this is built. I almost feel like these need to be built first anyways so that way those things can be built afterwards once there are people actually living here to use those amenities. Once this and Parcel M are built then there will finally be a substantial amount of people living here and then you can put in the grocery store. If you look on google maps there is still acres and acres open space even after this is built to build those things. They will need to be addressed though and its better to start thinking about it now than later, I just don't think that they absolutely need to put all of those into this development or its the end of the world. They should be picking sites that those amenities are going to go into so once these are wrapped up or even u/c they can start on those. It may be a good idea to try to put those things further inland so that they can serve not only the Seaport but also Southie. There are options here, they just need to be explored, but if they don't go right here its not the end of the world.

I don't know what Boston's fetish with boxes/landscrapers. I understand why the office towers have to be mega blocks but I wish the residential/hotel towers looked more like those in Vancouver. Was on a trip there last week and was impressed with the fact that although they were mostly under 400 ft, they still seem somewhat tall because they were slimmer. Not to mention their varying heights gave it a nice look.

Also ... Canada has stricter requirements for energy use and daylight accessibility that tend to thin buildings (giving them a more elegant and Corinthian proportion even when in the 200' range?

cca

Its all about ROI when you have limited height to work with. Yea they could make them thinner, but thats lost sq ft of usable space. Im not sure why Vancouver is fine getting away from this, maybe land is cheaper, but thats just the reality here.

When you think about it though watermark is thin and so are the seaport square towers. The seaport Square towers just look like boxes because of how they are built but in reality they are very thin. Its just that the sides that you see for the most part are just as wide as the office towers, but then there is nothing behind the faces. They are L shaped towers that are thin on both sides they just look like boxes from most angles.

The way that the faces of this building are facing towards you when looking up Seaport Blvd makes this look like a box. Its not though, so its really an illusion that just adds to the boxiness of the neighborhood because when you look up the street you see a box here, regardless of if it really is or not.

Looks like a box

https://flic.kr/p/21rTCwd

In reality they are L shaped towers.

01.seaport-square.jpg

The offices have large open floor plates because that's what the market wants. What makes it different here is that there is a height restriction. In a place like midtown Manhattan you'd have a building this wide but also much taller so it looks like it's thinner when in fact it isn't.

Then you have to realize that the demand in Boston isn't close to New York so that's why you don't have as many towers.

boston-seaport-one-seaport-places.jpg

Bostonseaport.xyz

201-Elevated-Suite-1801x1200.jpg

dyknfksv5ixrq.cloudfront

The-Benjamin-Photo-Credit-Mike-Diskin-1800x1200.jpg
dyknfksv5ixrq.cloudfront

The-Ben-Color_l6esih.jpg

G5assets-cld

Where is the push back for the hit piece in the Globe yesterday on the Seaport? I have never seen such a pathetic article where the conclusion was determined and they would go to any length to prove their hypothesis. Seriously Globe? No wonder they are on the verge of failing.

Where is the push back for the hit piece in the Globe yesterday on the Seaport? I have never seen such a pathetic article where the conclusion was determined and they would go to any length to prove their hypothesis. Seriously Globe? No wonder they are on the verge of failing.

The thread on that is already closed.

Count me in too. I'm a pretty liberal guy, but that whole article is absurd. I'm white as a ghost and can't afford to live there. Market forces dictates the makeup of the Seaport, not a concerted effort to make it whites only. :rolleyes: Glob has really fallen on hard times lately.

I think it was also done to serve as another hitpiece against 150 Seaport and the (possibly) the Harborfaro Garage......

Back