Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

We went to Babbo a couple weeks ago on a Friday evening (it's in Fan Pier but this thread works, too). It was only mildly busy, which surprised me since it has a good reputation.

I am curious (and I am not surmising anything), does anyone else have first-hand or educated information on how restaurants are doing in the Seaport? Most of the time it seems most are crowded .. has demand reached supply yet (or, vice versa)?

We went to Babbo a couple weeks ago on a Friday evening (it's in Fan Pier but this thread works, too). It was only mildly busy, which surprised me since it has a good reputation.

I am curious (and I am not surmising anything), does anyone else have first-hand or educated information on how restaurants are doing in the Seaport? Most of the time it seems most are crowded .. has demand reached supply yet (or, vice versa)?

I went about 1-2 months after it opened, at 8pm on a Wednesday, and was enraged that there was a 20 minute wait - totally figured this hour on a weeknight it would be dead. I've noticed that in general, the days of just walking into a restaurant and being seated in Boston are over... but it sounds like in this case, perhaps the shine wore off. Your question is a good one, but I have no answer.

I've only been to a couple of Seaport restaurants -- Casa de Pedro and Morton's. Two fairly different styles, but both were very busy and would not have worked without reservations.

I went to Babbo a few weeks ago, mid-week, and it was rather quiet then as well.

One thing I noticed that evening, walking there from the Silver Line, is with the ongoing construction at either end of Fan Pier Blvd. the location feels pretty isolated. It is certainly not getting much "walk in" trade from passerbys (there simply aren't any). That should change when 50 Liberty and the Via are finished and the sidewalks are back open.

Someone is taking them from the drivers side seat (see bullfinch photos). Whoever it is, shouldn't be.

In the grand scheme of life, I see no major issue with snapping a few quick pics from the driver's side either at a traffic light, in stopped traffic or when there is no one else around. I can think many more things to be annoyed/concerned by. Now, if he is driving down the road doing 30mph at 5pm during rush hour with his head out the window taking pics as he flies down the street, that is an entirely different story. I trust people on here to use their judgment when it is safe to snap a pic from a car. No pic is worth risking your (or others) safety.

haha the traffic police are out! Its not even possible to go more than 5-10mph these days with only 1 lane open due to the median work for most of the day

It only takes about half a second to drift over 1 foot and hit somebody in a bike lane or on the side of the road. I skateboard most of the time to get around and if you look through peoples windows (which I do constantly) tons of people are holding their phones all the time when they drive.

Someone is taking them from the drivers side seat (see bullfinch photos). Whoever it is, shouldn't be.

Do you want me and half of my car and steering wheel in the shot out the left side of the car? Or do you want her to lean over its not that hard to reach or lean over to not get half of the inside of a car in a picture. The bulfinch photos I was parked by the jersey barriers if you go over there you will see where you can park on the left side of the road (its a 1 way). With this picture above the buildings are on the left side of the car and shes in the passenger seat so she has to look at the phone while putting it up to the front window and trying point it to the left it without getting the car in the shot, so she has to lean pretty far and she kind of gets annoyed that I even want her to do this lol. I have a 2 seater acura its a pretty small car so its not that hard for her to reach over. Anyways back on topic?

Can we move on with this? Being so defensive is not helping your case, it's just fueling more research and discussion by others. Thanks for the pictures.

FYI, for any of you on Facebook, there is a Facebook page (I just found it) dedicated to Boston Seaport. Lots of pics of local happenings which showcase the Seaport in a way we don't usually see here on ArchBoston along with a few gems of the Seaport back in the day...like 100 years back!

Do you want me and half of my car and steering wheel in the shot out the left side of the car? Or do you want her to lean over its not that hard to reach or lean over to not get half of the inside of a car in a picture. The bulfinch photos I was parked by the jersey barriers if you go over there you will see where you can park on the left side of the road (its a 1 way). With this picture above the buildings are on the left side of the car and shes in the passenger seat so she has to look at the phone while putting it up to the front window and trying point it to the left it without getting the car in the shot, so she has to lean pretty far and she kind of gets annoyed that I even want her to do this lol. I have a 2 seater acura its a pretty small car so its not that hard for her to reach over. Anyways back on topic?

I don't like to beat a dead horse, but this hits close to home for me. My sister is paralyzed from the waist down because of some idiot with a cell phone and poor judgement. If you were parked it's fine. If your S.O. was leaning over to take a pic that's fine. I see, blurry, angled photos and a driver's side view mirror I can only think the car was in motion. My apologies to you if that was not the case.

We all take calculated risks, and if you were driving at 10MPH during rush hour, the risk of something happening is, as someone else said, probably low. But that risk is extended to everyone around you - not just yourself. This message is not just to you, but everyone in here PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't take photos while driving.

That's the last I'll speak of this, I promise.

Not saying it hasn't been there forever, but this is the first time I've noticed this structure in the L lot behind the CVS (still a parking lot).

Encouraging!(?)

spppt7-e1508888594149.jpg

Not saying it hasn't been there forever, but this is the first time I've noticed this structure in the L lot behind the CVS (still a parking lot).

Encouraging!(?)

Without any evidence, I suspect that's for the Silver Line tunnel.

The style is very silver-line ish, but there's no tunnel there. The PDA is up for approval Nov 17, so maybe speedy groundbreaking after that?

Encouraging!(?)

It's the former Benjamin/Via (or Equinox) sales office. It was along Seaport Boulevard and it looks like it was just moved. I wonder if they will repurpose this as a sales office for another project in the Seaport (maybe Echelon or 88 Seaport??)

Back