Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

^ Just FYI, I think that photo better relates to the M Parcel Echelon thread. It's easy to get all the related threads mixed up.

The Seaport in 4~5 years will be AMAZING.

Certainly can't get these mid-rise offices, residences & hotels up fast enough....

Some won't like it because it's not a residential community paying homage to the North End and Beacon Hill....

But it will be the top Biotech district in the metro

And hold its spot nationally as a top Lab address.

Yes it definitely will. People that get mad about the housing need to realize this is an extension of downtown. Were out of room to build 30 new mid rises there, but the market is there so we put em....right next to downtown. Housing Im sure is going to come when it starts moving inland. Theres still soooooooo much room here still.

The area around D st. has an entire area the size of the area below labeled "seaport district" worth of space to build on. The on the fort point side of haul road theres space for like 25 more buildings in there. Again down by the dry dock can probably fit every tower we've built so far in there its huuuuge. You've got space behind the convention center, still all of Seaport Square to go basically, and then once M parcels, Sausage parcel, and Seaport sq are built, theres a bunch of single lots all over the place too. Theres enough room for like 100 new towers still and as they get a lot further inland they're going to be cheaper, and move away from just being high end restaurants. This is great to have though because its a distinctly unique neighborhood for Boston, and we still have ALL of our great neighborhoods still. This is going to be the upscale dining/shopping district on the water surrounded by glass vs brick. Gonna be great. It has soooooo much to go though that we still have basically no idea what its going to be besides the area in front of the convention center. Not to mention Broadway is getting built up as well so basically from there all the way to the water is going to be mid rises, which is going to be a TON of space. This will probably double the office space of Boston. Looking at this pic the majority of land is unbuilt.

Yep, there's an area almost as large as downtown, just waiting for buildings, and served by three BRT lines with three stations. Whereas downtown has four heavy rail lines, four light rail lines, and 10 stations in a similarly sized footprint. This must be addressed.

Yep, there's an area almost as large as downtown, just waiting for buildings, and served by three BRT lines with three stations. Whereas downtown has four heavy rail lines, four light rail lines, and 10 stations in a similarly sized footprint. This must be addressed.

I would only count the Silver Line as one "BRT" line, and its fake BRT at that. Then again, I would also count the Green Line as one line throughout the central subway.

Well, we have some number of silver lines. If we can build the Gondola (ugh, but I'll take it) and Track 61, and give the Silver Line dedicated buslanes to make it more like real rapid transit, that would probably give enough transit. We should invest in those ASAP.

Yes it definitely will. People that get mad about the housing need to realize this is an extension of downtown. Were out of room to build 30 new mid rises there, but the market is there so we put em....right next to downtown. Housing Im sure is going to come when it starts moving inland. Theres still soooooooo much room here still.

The area around D st. has an entire area the size of the area below labeled "seaport district" worth of space to build on. The on the fort point side of haul road theres space for like 25 more buildings in there. Again down by the dry dock can probably fit every tower we've built so far in there its huuuuge. You've got space behind the convention center, still all of Seaport Square to go basically, and then once M parcels, Sausage parcel, and Seaport sq are built, theres a bunch of single lots all over the place too. Theres enough room for like 100 new towers still and as they get a lot further inland they're going to be cheaper, and move away from just being high end restaurants. This is great to have though because its a distinctly unique neighborhood for Boston, and we still have ALL of our great neighborhoods still. This is going to be the upscale dining/shopping district on the water surrounded by glass vs brick. Gonna be great. It has soooooo much to go though that we still have basically no idea what its going to be besides the area in front of the convention center. Not to mention Broadway is getting built up as well so basically from there all the way to the water is going to be mid rises, which is going to be a TON of space. This will probably double the office space of Boston. Looking at this pic the majority of land is unbuilt.

It's amazing to think about, yet it is also absolutely true. Every now and then, I think to myself "boy, this area will look so much more complete once "x" project gets wrapped up." Thing is, I've found that I've been saying the same thing consistently over almost the last 10yrs now. I think I'll still be saying it 10+ yrs from now. There is THAT much development opportunity left.

I would only count the Silver Line as one "BRT" line, and its fake BRT at that. Then again, I would also count the Green Line as one line throughout the central subway.

I always count branches as separate lines, because each represents a distinct destination option. For consistency, that means the Seaport Silver Line service is three lines (just as Red is two lines, etc.).

But you're right, it really does suggest something far better than it is in this case.

BOSTON-SEAPORT-2.jpg

How old is that rendering? Interesting the buildings that are missing (MT, Avalon North Station, etc).

All of the areas in blue in the Design/Industrial park are zoned for maritime/commercial. Massport has been extremely slow with these. Don't expect changes overnight. I've always been a big proponent of changing the use and allowing some mixed use development down there.

Is that top right? The spot in red is approved for that big low rise complex cant remember the name.

How old is that rendering? Interesting the buildings that are missing (MT, Avalon North Station, etc).

I dont think they care about those. It has that new seaport square building in its final form so must be current. Usually they dont render buildings in another part of town that have nothing to do with their plan. I cant even see where NST would go in that render and you would baaaarely be able to see MT if at all so no need.

i dunno any of those answers but when i think of all the nimby's getting pissy about the Seaport, a huge, warm & wonderful feeling comes over me.... a sewer of thoughts resides.... back in the '80s i pondered if the Seaport would ever become the den of highrises. Wasn't sure if it was possible because of Logan. i'll never find the proper outlet to express my joy at seeing Boston becoming a superpower. Sometimes it spills over and i unload here.

It's nice how these renders always make things look so nice and bright, when in reality it never looks nearly as bright.

Alright but the render shows what this next phase looks like and how it contributes to the street wall. With this piece and the final piece at fan pier this area is going to be essentially complete. Thats great and this tower is a nice addition. All the ugly parts of 1mpd will be blocked now by fan pier on all sides with the last fan pier tower and this new tower on seaport blvd. All youll see is the glass side now. This also brings 2 more floors of retail to seaport blvd that ties in to the new seaport sq development. Thats a win.

That seaport hall building would make a great spot for a library... just sayin. Its a temporary building.

Back